Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 D Half. Rotated Rev. Or Die Break

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 272Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  10:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoeSCT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello again, Thanks for all your help with my first post. I am looking for information on this half now, and if anyone can tell me if it has a name like the "FS-111" type names.

I flipped the coin in the same orientation, I am unsure if it is 125 degrees or maybe 60. Also the last 2 pictures show how the whole die has broke it seems. You can see the bottoms of lettering on the edge.

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeSCT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im thinking this is actually a piece created by someone. I had suspicion that it was drilled out so I weighed it and it is coming up at around 11.8 grams which is pretty low. The reverse also looks a lot newer
Pillar of the Community
United States
4050 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Im thinking this is actually a piece created by someone.

As in, you think it's a counterfeit?

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
Learn More...
United States
17731 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@joe, first welcome to CCF. Second, we often see so called Magician's coins posted here where one coin is hollowed out and another placed in the resulting cavity. However, in order for there to be "magic", the two sides must be either different denomination or the same side (e.g. to make a double-headed coin). I'm not sure why someone would go through the trouble of making a Magician's coin but then recreate the appearance of a normally minted coin. Also, I'm not sure that it is underweight. Mint spec is about 11.3 g, right?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2139 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JoeSCT to the CCF!

it does look like a cut out.
another tell is if you drop it on a table, does is sound hollow? all of mine sounded hollow.

1984 D KHD did have 1 known rotational die but it was 180 degreeshttp://rotateddies.com/

good luck on future finds and thanks for posting
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 272Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05