Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade Of 1907 Deutsches Reich 5 Mark

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 575Next Topic  
Valued Member

Singapore
51 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  01:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coins Mania to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi all,

Would this made it into XF or AU?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
724 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I'd say about EF-40. I'm guessing this coin is quite large, yes?
Valued Member
Singapore
51 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coins Mania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
38mm diameter
Valued Member
Poland
227 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  04:39 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya, I'd go woth EF-45 (largely due to the amount of wear on the crown / eagle's feet), but could tip the scales at AU-50 if sent to an American TPG.
Edited by norantyki
10/23/2020 04:39 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4966 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget.
Non-US grading standards are tougher than US standards.
IMO it's max XF-40.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3981 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with EF.
But then I saw this coin graded by NGC that is far more worn than yours that managed to get AU-50 from NGC, confirming @norantyki's comment) . https://www.ebay.com/itm/1904-A-Ger...047675.l2557

That's not the only AU coin graded by NGC you can find on a web search with more wear than yours. So, I think at NGC this coin is AU.

Edited by tdziemia
10/23/2020 08:57 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52071 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say EF-45 or maybe even AU-50 (Sheldon).
Learn More...
United States
92199 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21645 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 but not sure the surfaces are original, possibly cleaned at some point.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1634 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2020  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite a bit of wear and some flatness on the Kaiser's hair.

Tails is more worn, some beads on crown are worn flat, lack of feather detail and lack of lustre. This coin is not EF/XF

I would grade it aEF for the Heads and no more than gVF for the tails.
(I use British grading though)
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
Poland
227 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  02:54 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Princetane, the rest of us were using the Sheldon scale, or American grading standards. Generally, the difference will be around 1 grade level between the two (so, yes, roughly corresponding to a high VF). OP is based in Singapore, where TPG (Sheldon) standards are prevalent, so I believe that they were looking for a 1-70 grade.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 575Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05