Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About A 1966 Quarter...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 399Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  03:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NowImFacinated to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I found a 1966 quarter that I am unsure of and I was wondering if you guys would be willing to take a peek at it for me? I don't understand about double cast/double die etc. and I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I'm curious if that is what this is? Also I have a question about the ear on this quarter and hair. I have a few friends who are collectors as a hobby and they have all 3 offered me 10-50 bucks for it, so I'm a bit confused. Any information would be fantastic and greatly appreciated, thank you so much in advance!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11131 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  04:30 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything unusual right off, but can you post full-coin pics of both sides?

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52145 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please.

to the CCF!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NowImFacinated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do I edit my post to add another picture? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here, I'm not good at the Internet- I'm sorry I'm trying to figure it out now. Lol
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47399 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pass. Even if it were a DDO, then it wouldn't be worth that much in circulated condition.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can just add new picks to your post. But I would take the 50 bucks and run
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NowImFacinated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. Thank you for the information. I know absolutely nothing about collecting or anything of the sort. I just was curious why they were asking about it. I mentioned the quarter to them in passing simply because I thought it was funny there was an old coin.. I never realized there were people who collected.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I never realized there were people who collected.

You found us.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Quote:
Do I edit my post to add another picture? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here, I'm not good at the Internet- I'm sorry I'm trying to figure it out now. Lol
You can just add a photo to a new reply. Be sure to "Switch To Full Reply" so you can access the upload link.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 399Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05