Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Question About A 1966 Quarter...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,268Next Topic  
New Member

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  03:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NowImFacinated to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hi I found a 1966 quarter that I am unsure of and I was wondering if you guys would be willing to take a peek at it for me? I don't understand about double cast/double die etc. and I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I'm curious if that is what this is? Also I have a question about the ear on this quarter and hair. I have a few friends who are collectors as a hobby and they have all 3 offered me 10-50 bucks for it, so I'm a bit confused. Any information would be fantastic and greatly appreciated, thank you so much in advance!
Question-About-A-1966-Quarter...
Question-About-A-1966-Quarter...
Question-About-A-1966-Quarter...
Bedrock of the Community
spru's Avatar
United States
12477 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  04:30 am  Show Profile   Check spru's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything unusual right off, but can you post full-coin pics of both sides?

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
In Memory of T-BOP 10-12-1949 to 1-19-2024
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please.



to the CCF!
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NowImFacinated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do I edit my post to add another picture? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here, I'm not good at the Internet- I'm sorry I'm trying to figure it out now. Lol
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pass. Even if it were a DDO, then it wouldn't be worth that much in circulated condition.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6883 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can just add new picks to your post. But I would take the 50 bucks and run
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NowImFacinated to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. Thank you for the information. I know absolutely nothing about collecting or anything of the sort. I just was curious why they were asking about it. I mentioned the quarter to them in passing simply because I thought it was funny there was an old coin.. I never realized there were people who collected.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6883 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I never realized there were people who collected.

You found us.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196490 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!


Quote:
Do I edit my post to add another picture? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here, I'm not good at the Internet- I'm sorry I'm trying to figure it out now. Lol
You can just add a photo to a new reply. Be sure to "Switch To Full Reply" so you can access the upload link.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,268Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums