Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

LMC 1960-D RPM-011 Unlisted Die Stage?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 452Next Topic  
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  11:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add joshuach2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I need help confirming this RPM.
I have several of these RPM's. I believe they are 1960-D RPM-011. The obverse markers appear to match the example listed on coppercoins, but their photo for the date and mintmark is at a weird angle so I can't match the mintmark position there. On VV, the mintmark position looks good and the reverse looks like a later die stage of the same reverse die as my coin. Based on what I can see I believe my coin is RPM-011, but I would need a SBS on the date and mintmark to be sure it is.
This is a nice RPM even if its not RPM-011. Here are photos of it:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2142 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
joshuach2002 to the CCF!

congrats on your score; guessing from a BU ROLL.

agree on all you have stated.

very nice close ups. lots of die markers around the R in TRUST match up.

i would post a SBS but my attempts are horrible.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47399 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While this is very close:

What I need is an image showing the full date and mintmark locations. The angles of rotation can't be exact with out the full date area (outside a bit also). Then I can make it more exact.The RPM looks correct, but I've seen close ones before. I need this to be exact as this die is one that almost every one I know needs for the collections. (Me included) So if you could post that I could try again.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joshuach2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello coop, thank you for doing the SBS. If this does turn out to be RPM-011, I could send you one as a gift for helping identify it, but I first have to have 250 posts because of the forum rules.
Here is a better photo showing more of the date:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47399 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While there is still slight differences, I would still send it in to V.V to see. Maybe the images themselves are making the distortion. On the image you posted the RPM didn't look like 011, but on the other one the RPM looks correct. So I would submit it as it maybe the right die number? If so as many of these you can get, would be worth the effort.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
10/27/2020 1:26 pm
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joshuach2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the side-by-side coop. I will send them to Dr. Wiles next month. I'll be sure to remind you when they come back.
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a match and an earlier die state as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47399 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they all have the same die markers on them, only send one. You will save a lot of money on have one attributed, rather than paying for them all to be attributed. (The markers are what they would use to ID the variety after the first one is confirmed) So if the markers are the same on all the coins, then no need to mail in multiples. What is a marker? Perhaps a die scratch on the fields of the coin that are on one or all of them. If they are on all of them, then only send one.
Richard S. Cooper

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joshuach2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE:
Here are some markers I found on the coin. Here are photos with arrows pointing to the main markers I found on the coin.
Reference photos are from coppercoins and from a post on the forum by coop.
What do you think? I will send the coin to be attributed this month.

United States
23 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joshuach2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GOOD NEWS!

Dr. James Wiles attributed it as RPM-011!

I have multiple of these. Would it be worth it to send some to ANACS?
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 452Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05