Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A Clipped Nickel Dollar Or Something Else?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 231Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  3:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm not proud that I've been collecting for close to 20 years and don't know much about common errors, I've had this tucked away for a decade, just curious if this is a clipped nickel dollar or something else? Also just curious on value, not intending to sell but curious what the value would be if this is an error or if it's PMD.
Valued Member
Canada
74 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would call that a rim clip. For price not much adon value.
But nice find.
Learn More...
Canada
9371 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a lovely little rim clip, and you can even see the small Blakesley Effect on it. The dovetailing of the rims is an excellent example to show the main diagnostic for real clips (versus garage jobs). To the right buyer, you might get anywhere from $15 to $25 for it.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 231Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05