Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Odd Looking Coins I Have

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 458Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
107 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  01:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
if any one knows some info on then I would like to hear it.

thanks bob ( hoops )

Pillar of the Community
United States
1492 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The one that is not Australian is a 2 kopek.
Valued Member
Australia
107 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
did you notes the the letters ..e ..m ..is not stamped or die hit is of coin ... on the russian coin

?
Valued Member
Poland
227 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Chm8Tin2 - strike issues such as weakness, die breaks, plugged dies, die wear, etc. are extremely common on Russian issues of this vintage owing to the currency reforms and the vast quantities being struck. They carry no premium.
Valued Member
Australia
107 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
norantyki ...thanks mate for the info on the russian coin...

can you tell me about the other die hits ? with the other coins.?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
795 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if any one knows some info on then I would like to hear it.

Your first coin has a rim cud caused by deterioration of the die during the minting process.

If you have a look here you will see a couple of examples of similar cuds on the same coin.
C1FmRFhyK_U
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5191 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 50c Millennium looks like an Incuse and in fairly good condition, so I'd pop it into a 2x2 for protection. Worth considerably more than FV.

The round 1966 50c is 80% silver and has some nasty green gunk on it. Get some 100% Acetone from Bunnings, and soak the coin until the gunk is gone, do not rub the coin, pat it dry with a clean cloth or tissue, then put it in a 2x2.

They're pretty common, but still worth a bit of love & care.

The 2001 Volunteer Dollar is as indicated by Coaster a Rim Cud coin and IMO should also be in a 2x2.

I have 4 of these, one of which has 2 rim cuds on it, a similar one may be visible in coaster's video.

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Valued Member
Australia
107 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  04:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just letting you all know that I very much apreceate all of your time and commenta about my post.

this is what I call insentive to colect and join a coin site.

thanks to you all.
Valued Member
Australia
107 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you coaster for the video of cuds
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 458Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05