Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Diving Goose, A Rather Misleading Title?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 581Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  12:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think so and I believe it is to mislead the inexperienced.
check it out
what do you think?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2547346725...l_noapp=true
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36411 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3239 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's an "Almost Diving Goose" or a "beginning to Dive Goose"
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17578 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the Goose is beginning to dive, shouldn't goose's elevator should be un the 'down' position?

Why didn't the seller indicate the amount of rotation in the dies?- All the picture does is show the amount of rotation of the coin in the slab.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51997 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Discouraging, isn't it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think seller is trying to fool inexperienced collectors by circumventing to say that this is not the real thing.
however, he is charging a serious ton of $$ for his ICG slab.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8171 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
47P7,
Please show us an authorative definition of "diving goose", not hearsay evidence like "generally accepted" etc.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3239 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every one that I've seen has been 30-40 degrees. The only thing that this auction is offering is a coin that is not centered in the holder. If you straightened up the coin in the holder, you would have little to none rotation from the other side.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3543 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only diving geese around here have all flown South for the winter .
The rest are just too fat to fly !
The listing is very deceptive!
Valued Member
Canada
405 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doctorman1941 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Resize and rotate 2% and the diving goose in not diving very much. Way over priced.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2010 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer 'descending goose'...a bit more graceful.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3180 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i wrote the seller,saying this is not a diving goose coin... and this is the response..

Grader has revised it. New holder is being issued. Will arrive by By Nov. 15th. NOTE: This coin will be will have a 30 day return policy. Full refund including freight. However I am holding on to all offers until Nov. 15th. Hope this helps.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM
authorative definition
please define this term, as in "exactly what you mean".

my, and most TPG's and collectors definition is this:
most recognized TPG's have the same basics to define the meaning of a 1967 "diving goose" to be a minimum of 45 degrees diving from horizontal flight level, to the left on the picture. so has the Dealer and collecting community.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silver wolf
I do not see any comments on the ICG cert....
the seller is very, very misleading and knowingly deceptive
IMO, this listing should be removed, or at the least the word Diving goose should be removed to prevent someone from falling in to this trap to loos a lot of $$$
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17578 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the end of the dive - crash landing nose first in the mud. (at min. 45 degrees**)

** TPG requirement.
Pillar of the Community
United States
901 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Grader has revised it. New holder is being issued.
If this is true, nothing should change in the slabs' description, but hopefully the TPGC will slab it correctly this time.

I'm more ashamed at anyone who doesn't know ANYTHING about coin collecting but would actually buy something like this. It's sad that there are so many people who jump into things now-a-days with absolutely no thought about what they are doing. I see it often enough here on the forum and I hurt myself from all the head shaking I do when I read some things, like.....

I just got a penny in change today, but instead of the Lincoln Memorial on the back it has a picture of a shield. Is this an error?

My grandpa recently passed away and I got some Morgan dollars from him, but they all look kind of dull. Should I scrub them left-to-right, up or down, or in a circular motion with a Brillo pad?

I got (I think) a Canadian penny in change today, but it has a picture of the queen of England on it but it says "Canada". Is this one of those Chinese fakes I've heard about?

I found a 1984-D Kennedy half dollar at a flea market yesterday that has a small hole that goes through it right above Kennedy's head. I haven't seen any like this before and I'm wondering how much it might be worth.

....and so-on and so-on. No wonder I take all those prescription pills every morning that the doctor gave me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 581Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05