Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

NCo Club - Hanscom Field - Bedford Ma

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 456Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  3:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
No idea how I ended up with this one!

N.C.O. Club - Hanscom Field - Bedford MA

Hanscom is still active military-wise, though as far as I know not nearly as much as in years past.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice add Nells
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only thing I can think of is the fact my boyfriend's father had a friend who worked there a long time ago. Perhaps sometime in the past it got into his hands, and I came across it while helping clean their basement.

However I ended up with it, it's MINE NOW! MWAAHHAHAHHAAA!
Learn More...
United States
18252 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an interesting piece @nells. I don't see it listed at the tokencatalog website.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh? Hmmmmm...... you mean I finally have something no one else does around here?

;-)

Seriously though, I am not an active collector BUT I do keep my eye out for nifty things that show up in my change, etc. I've been slowly selling off my boyfriend's key/lock collection so it is possible it was in a container of his in his basement.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3939 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of tokens like this were issued in surprisingly low numbers. The token catalogue has hundreds of thousands of items, but is by no means comprehensive. You should consider adding it.
Learn More...
United States
18252 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with @oriole—this probably isn't unique and not worth much except to folks who collect military themed tokens or perhaps someone from the suburbs of Boston, but it is cool to be able to add to the world's knowledge.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
94239 Posts
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like all you need to do to add something to the site is sign up and post... thing is, I have no idea how to describe it with those abbreviations.
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might be in Paul Cunningham's Book of Military Tokens Vols 1 & 2, or checkout his website cunninghams exonumia (I think that is what it is called) These book list tokens from the civil war to the gulf war. I have been looking for his overseas military token book for about 5 years now and cannot find it anywhere, the US token books are available everywhere.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add banjoman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The token isn't rare; it is listed in the standard catalog of military tokens as MA110b, with a catalog value of $15.00.
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
banjoman - THANKS for the info!! Though I am surprised it isn't very rare. Hanscom isn't a huge facility THOUGH I suppose way-back-when it had many more "uniforms" around.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 456Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05