Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nov 9th 2020 75th Anniversary WWII Gold And Silver Medals

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 136 / Views: 5,911Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  9:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
7,500 mintage for the Gold and 20,000 silver. Estimates for time to sellout?
Learn More...
United States
94627 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am more worried about getting a silver medal that day.

I hope they are nowhere near as popular as the American Eagle coins were yesterday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twslisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those suckers were gone in no time! I checked in not two hours after it started and both silver and gold were sold out!

AND not only that, but within the day, I got emails from third-party sellers offering the coins for more than the mint price!
Edited by twslisa
11/06/2020 10:39 am
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $25 gold piece has a mintage of 7,500 and a price tag of $1,335. I would suspect it would sell out on Monday, though the premium over spot is some $400 give or take. It depends on whether greed or price point wins out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
825 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those suckers were gone in no time! I checked in not two hours after it started and both silver and gold were sold out!

Did you think they were going to be available after two hours?
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are medal sales really that popular? I have always stayed away from medals.
Pillar of the Community
United States
825 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Typically not but the low mintage may make it a hot item.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gold is pre-selling on Ebay for $3-$4K, so I expect more bikes and boats.
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pilotaggie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the look of the gold one more than the silver. Other than "I like it" why should I get the gold?
Pillar of the Community
United States
796 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add travelcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some US commemorative coins , but have never sold any. On average, do you really get the premium back? $400 seems like a lot. Yes, I know, you could probably recoup that if you sell on eBay immediately. But I'm holding and leaving it for my two boys, seems risky to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twslisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On average, do you really get the premium back?

I'm curious about that as well. I haven't looked into commemoratives, much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it holds that premium long term
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Check coincollector123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My coin store usually sells me any gold commemorative for slightly more than melt. As for premiums, usually commemorative coins dont hold value. Before COVID, I could buy bulk commemorative dollars (1982-1991) for $16 shipped. I think this one is going to be a hit because it is such a drastic event it is commemorating and very low mintages.
Learn More...
United States
94627 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2020  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I blame commems for making me like medals now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3713 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2020  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seems to me to be like 1st spouse issues. Initial hype and low mintage but just bullion value later.
Learn More...
United States
94627 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seems as good a topic as any to track today's progress. If others get bumper or created I will point them here.

46 minutes to go... Good luck to all!
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 136 / Views: 5,911Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05