Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Next ASE Reverse Proof Release? 2021 Product Schedule Release Date?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 494Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  9:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add opuscoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am looking for an ASE Reverse Proof. Cheapest I have seen is with Amprex for 2019 that was issued along with a Canadian proof. They sell it without the box and coin only. But, I only want an ASE Reverse Proof with a box. Any idea if the Mint will release one for 2021? Also, when will the 2021 product schedule be release?
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse proofs are not standard releases. There have been more released recently, but that is no guarantee there will be any next year. And most were released as part of sets.

For a cheap one, look for the 2012.
Edited by bzookaj
11/19/2020 9:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up the 2012 reverse proof and regular for a trade. The LCS was selling it for under $150, look around you should be able to get it around $150 with 2 coins. It's a very pretty coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm NOT an ASE collector, but I must say that that 2012 really is a beauty!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add opuscoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was reading about the history of 2012-S 2 set ASE coin. I find it interesting that the mint offered it for $149.95. Price now is about still the same then.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of what the mint offers losses value. I picked up an 2018-W proof for $52 the mint was selling for $60.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add opuscoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does that mean, that most of the time, it is better to buy ASE proof privately rather than via the Mint? There are exceptions such as the 2019-S Enchanced Reverse Proof.

Amongst the Reverse Proof ASE, is any year or mintage more valued or sought after?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does that mean, that most of the time, it is better to buy ASE proof privately rather than via the Mint? There are exceptions such as the 2019-S Enchanced Reverse Proof.

I don't know if you can say there are "rules", but on average the majority of items the US Mint sells will lose value in the secondary market. There are always exceptions and the longer an item is out in the market the more its value stabilizes. Also consider that most internet sellers have a built in cost that they need to pass on. SO after all of this, what I'm trying to say is that generally you are better buying a mint product on the secondary market and you'll probably get your best price at a brick and mortar dealer than on the internet. PLEASE NOTE these are my experiences, I generally pay 20-30% below ebay prices by buying locally and paying cash. There are exceptions like the 2019 S Enhanced Reverse Proof (I got mine from the mint at $65 and they are worth $1000+) and currently the Pride of 2 Nations has a small premium compared to the mint selling price ($139 to around $150 on the 2ndary market)

Quote:
Amongst the Reverse Proof ASE, is any year or mintage more valued or sought after?

The most sought after are (below is my opinion):
2019 S- Enhanced Reverse Proof
2011 25th Anniversary 5 coin set (came with 2011P Reverse Proof) *
2006 20th Anniversary 2 coin set (came with 2006P Reverse Proof) ***
2013 75th Anniversary of W-Mint (came with 2013 W Reverse proof) **
2019 Pride of 2 nations (came with 2019 W Enhanced Reverse Proof) ****
2012 75th Anniversary of S mint (came with 2012 S Reverse Proof)

In terms of the prices I have seen, the 2011 was $500
2019 Pride of 2 nations around $150 and 2012S around $150.

I have not seen the 2013 or 2006 locally.

The * are the ones I want and the priority I want them *=highest, **** = lowest.

Edited by hfjacinto
11/20/2020 8:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I find it interesting that the mint offered it for $149.95. Price now is about still the same then.

That may be the recent higher silver prices talking. I picked up the 2012 set last year at a show for $115.

Quote:
Does that mean, that most of the time, it is better to buy ASE proof privately rather than via the Mint?

The reverse proofs are a little different from regular proofs. Mintages are lower, and they are mostly only in sets, so prices don't tend to drop from original mint prices. Other than the 2012, they've all gone up or stayed the same in value.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add opuscoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys for your help. I have learned so much.

There is a 2019 W Enhanced Reverse Proof for sale at $100. It is obviously separated from its original set in the Pride of 2 Nation. It doesn't come in the original box but with the plastic case. As a set, I see Pride of Nation at $180. Is it a good idea or bad idea to buy individual coins originally only available from a set? How about in this particular instance?
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is it a good idea or bad idea to buy individual coins originally only available from a set? How about in this particular instance?

That's a personal choice. If you only want the one coin, you'll pay less than buying the whole set. For the 2019-W, that means forgoing the Maple Leaf. But if you want each coin from the set, like in the 2011 or 2012 sets that are fully ASEs, you'll likely end up paying more overall.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the 2012 set. This is the place I got mine from, he had 3.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Ameri...46890.l49292

Like Bazooka Joe stated above getting 1 or the set is up to you. For a few more dollars you can get both and the case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also please note the prices I posted are "internet" prices if you can pick up locally and pay cash expect a discount.
Valued Member
United States
358 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Local with cash is best in general to find a low price, but I found some very good deals on eBay in March/April if you're thorough using "make an offer" from people trying to sell what was obviously in their collection to raise cash during the initial part of the pandemic.

When the pandemic hit in March and silver was tanking in price on paper with the stock market, I couldn't find rolls of bullion eagles at the time with the local shops to save my life (and the online dealers were charging $9 premiums to keep the cost afloat if they had any stock), but the collectable eagles hfjacinto mentioned; some people were willing to sell at a fire sale online if you negotiated right.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
11/21/2020 12:26 pm
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add opuscoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a good price for the 2012 set.

I got to say the more I learn about these coins, the more types I want to get. Now, I am eyeing the 2013 two set with reversed proof and enhanced uncirculated. I have a 2013 ASE proof, so this will be a good addition. I am trying to get a collection of the different finishes of ASE, so might as well try to get them in the same year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. I am trying to get a collection of the different finishes of ASE, so might as well try to get them in the same year.

You mean like this

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 494Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05