Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A To Z And The A U S

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 660Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  06:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
finely...took me some time hunting for letter... b ...

but I did give a big sigh ...out loud...

funny thoe the hunt was grate...
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2722 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done mate.
I cheated, I got my friends at the post office to save them for me.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah ...good on ya .... triggersmob ....

all hunts are different ... different wpn's... and ways..

the thrill of the hunt in what ever way...

...good on ya mate ..
Learn More...
United States
94284 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
473 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Chm8Tin2 - good going. Any rough idea haw many coins you noodled to complete the set?

Will be trying to noodle the next set but will also get the PO to keep some aside so I have a nice set for trading with O/S collectors. Still eying off the UK a-Z.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....150$ ....David Graham... every second day for three weeks to get all

... a to z ....

and then with that the last week I got the elusive ...b ...

thanks all for the input ...

Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now I'm on the hunt for my last 5c coin that seems to elude me...5c 1972...?

where oh where are you..?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
848 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
....150$ ....David Graham... every second day for three weeks to get all

... a to z ....

and then with that the last week I got the elusive ...b ...

Congratulations Chm8Tin2, that's truly amazing!

What state do you live in?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17886 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have three more to look for.
Strictly out of pocket change for face value.

Another that seems to be quite scarce?........
2019 JC 50 Cents - total 70,000 only minted that were issued into circulation.
Info from the combined 2018-19 and 2019-20 Mint Report appendices.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeh.. coaster ... I live in ... brandon, qld ...just south of

townsville.

Valued Member
Australia
473 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  02:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Chm8Tin2 - Woah.... that's a letter coin every 63 dollars assuming no double ups (very unlikely). Say a 30% double up works out at a letter coin every 50 coins noodled so a 2% strike rate. I average a 0.6% strike rate in Brisbane. Just what are the folks doing at Brandon? Buying fish'n'chips with letter coins? Tossing letter coins in the tip jars? Whatever it is, it's a far better strike rate than Brisbane and I suspect the Gold Coast as well (Coaster?). Awesome noodling.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  02:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... David Graham ...yes it sounds strange...

but if you go to the ....commonwealth bank... in ayr..

better than ..nab..anz..

and get coin rolls... you would be suprised...

i even got a non curculating coin...legends of the anzacs...

go figger ay mate..
Edited by Chm8Tin2
11/24/2020 02:50 am
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not to menstion ..with all my other rolls of ...5 10 20 50 1$ 2$...

i was getting nz coins as well in the rolls...

lady at bank told me thats inmposible ...i took a roll of 10c coin roll bak to the bank to show her ...top coin in roll was a nz coin...

the hunting for coins is different all over..
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and my mate who lives in ayr ..6kl south of brandon...

he got two uc ..disinguished service cross... coins in his rolls...

try that one out ..from the commonwealth bank...
Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a pre-decimal coin in a roll of 5c not that long ago
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  03:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good one ...polarboy....

stick with it ...
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 660Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05