Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 Roosevelt. Wth? Where Is The Reverse?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 338Next Topic  

43 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  6:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bluefalco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This may get long.
First point: As to my user name. Somehow in my haste to participate I misgadesed the "n" at the end. That's right all of my brothers in arms, "Bluefalcon". However, I am not a BF in the traditional sense as you probably assume.
1987-1994. Enlisted @ age 30. 82nd ABN Division, 2nd Brigade (The Falcon Brigade. 3rd Bn of the 325th PIR was the "Blue Falcons" now inactivated to my knowledge. So, I am a Bluefalcon but I am not a Bluefalcon.
Now, on to business. The images provided come from a family member that was infnormed that I was searching for unusual coins. Well I never expected this.
My knowledge and expertise in this newly acquired interest is quite limited and I depend on the vast knowledge of your commitments.
19w66 Roosevelt. Obverse capped?
Personal contact confirms no reeding.
Reverse is smooth with minor scrathes, no obvious or identifiable devices or images.
I will know more after hands on after holidays.
Happy Turkey Day.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37272 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like PMD to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
43 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluefalco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once I have it I will weigh and measure diameter and thickness with some edge photos. Stay tuned.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53778 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deliberately ground down.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2010 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with John and Coinfrog.
The fact that it has a raised rim on the obverse but not the reverse means it went through the Mints upturning machine which did place a proto-rim on the blank planchet. With it being gone from one side, and very smooth like that, means someone removed it deliberately. PSD
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4642 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
agree with Pete, frog and John1. Deliberate post mint damage.
ša va bien aller

43 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluefalco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
darn. Oh well. Seemed a little creepy. Thanks.
43 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluefalco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brilliant! TY.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4642 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still, a cool conversation piece, just not the rare error coin you were hoping for. Keep searching... we look forward to other finds you will hopefully share with us!
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47916 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note the proto rim is missing from the reverse.

So it was sanded and polished to hide the sanding scratches. PSD
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
11/25/2020 10:30 am
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Use it to flip for the restaurant bill and always call heads.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 338Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05