Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Guys Collect Coins?.......

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 377Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
876 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  10:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
...........I know you do, so do I.

Besides my wife, you're to only ones that know.

I don't tell people because they would look at me, the same way I would look at them if they told me they collected stamps!
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I collect old fishing lures.

And old lure shows are way more fun than coin shows. Room trading (yes we prop open our hotel room doors and spread out our beauties on the bed fer sale) one or two nights afore the show opens. And lure collectors knows how to party.

You won't see many folks walking around wearing shirts proclaiming they pay cash fer old coins at a coin show.

Try doing that at a big city coin show and see what happens!

Pillar of the Community
United States
876 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing wrong with that John. It's better then collecting pet rocks, unless you're a geologist!

Lure collector:

Coin collector:

What do you think?...... I know, I'm thinking the same thing!!
Valued Member
Australia
60 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im sure fishing guys have equally impressive coin slots
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17882 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have done, since I was knee height to a grasshopper.
Coins R me.

I am also a gem facetor. Aussie yellow sapphires from Anakie in Central Queensland are what I like to cut.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4108 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That pic sums it up. I've been to my share of coin shows, if I were in charge the first thing on the agenda would be to remove all chairs, save for dealers.
A good share of the public comes in, plops down, and that's that for hours. A guy can't get up to the table. I usually end up leaving early.

Rant off.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20011 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hobbies, hobbies, hobbies. Looks like we all collect something.

just carl
Learn More...
United States
94239 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't tell people because they would look at me, the same way I would look at them if they told me they collected stamps!

I used to collect stamps. Still have an old Harris album full of them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
535 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa just carl, remind me not to mess with you! Impressive collection.

I don't collect anything else right now, but did collect stamps and sports cards as a kid. Family members know I collect coins. They really couldn't care less.
Learn More...
United States
18252 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FWIW 31 pages of what else us CCF folk collect besides coins can be found here:

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=111133

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 377Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05