Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found Another 2001 P Jefferson Nickel DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 401Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  2:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Unfortunately it is only in slightly better condition than the other one I have. There must have been a roll of them in this area at some point like coop said.

In the triangular window and in the doorway just below the top of the frame is the DD just like the other one I have.

I wanted to compare the two once noticing what I think is Machine Doubling on the obverse and a small amount on the reverse of the newly found coin. Only this one has it. Does this mean anything?

On the obverse almost the entire face and the hair is doubled

On the reverse at the bottom of the steps is what I believe is Machine Doubling as well

What I would really like to ask about most of all is this spot right here..

I will continue to look for other examples of this DD on my area but for now what can I do with this?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3128 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not see your previous post until now, but I have to disagree with Coop on that one. The line in the top of the doorway is an incuse outlining of the doorframe, it is just part of the design and all coins from that date will have it. Note how quickly you were able to find another example.

The doubling on the rest of the coin appears to be Die Deterioration Doubling.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is actually incorrect but I understand what are saying. The thing you don't know that I have actually had the first coin for about a year. I collect every bit of my change and I have had someone else doing the same thing. When I found the other I started my new quest to find this one. Also if I need to send you better picture I will do my best with my phones camera but it's not incuse. I have done a lot of research and can tell you that much.
Edited by My2cent
11/28/2020 01:53 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5352 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any DDR neither!

The obverse photos show MD on the Nose bridge and back of pony tail.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3128 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just look at PCGS images of 2001-P nickels. All of them have the incuse outlining of the doorway, it is not a DDR.

https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...-5c-fs/84148
Pillar of the Community
United States
4522 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No DDR, just slight Machine Doubling on the obverse, and PMD overall.
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47772 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a little checking to see what is normal and used a proof reverse to see what is raised and what is incuse. The area over the top of the doorway is raised with a incuse area around the curved window. On the normal design of the reverse the there is a raised door. with an incuse mark around the door:

But on the DDRs that incuse area, has a raised doubling on that area below the top of the doorway. I didn't see any listings for the DDR until after that year. So somethings are normal, and the hub doubling will be raised above the design. Hope this helps.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I did the same thing and both of you are correct. I guess you would call it a master hub issue? Either way it's not a DD. Thanks anyway
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47772 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The curved upper window is normal as it is part of the design. The DDR is raised above the door. That is hub doubling = a Doubled Die. But if that area is incuse, that is the normal design for a fresher die state. As the die ages, then the incuse area will be flat. On a DDR, it will be raised.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I am confused again. It is raised, so... I don't know. Is it a DDR or not?
Edited by My2cent
11/29/2020 11:50 am
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

.....And the word may never know, lol.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05