Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI Found 1983 D Lincoln Cent Fs101 Do L Send To Grade Or Sell On Ebay? Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 464Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  01:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Scott Gus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Edited by Scott Gus
11/30/2020 01:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4606 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37228 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Not a high enough grade to send in. I also would like to see better pics,not 100% sure it is FS 101
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  05:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scott Gus to the CCF!

Very hard to find variety and in very nice condition.

congrats on your find!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53686 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking not worth the grading fees.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Congratulations.
I can't imagine there is more than one die with a similar-looking ear lobe. It looks to be high AU and ANACS would be the most economical.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
11/30/2020 09:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1726 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure this is the doubled ear...... looks like it could be a hit to the ear that stretched it. I'm gonna see what others say about this.
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1902 Indian cent Off Center
http://goccf.com/t/376888
1972-D Lincoln Cent Major Die
Break
http://goccf.com/t/376595
1964-D LMC Capped Die PCGS MS63RB
http://goccf.com/t/389752
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5067 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. How much is it worth IF it's that variety?

2. Which (if any) TPG will authenticate it as such?

3. Unless you are SURE it's that variety, "NO" don't send it to a TPG.

4. Unless it's worth $75 or more, "NO" don't send it to a TPG.

4a. EXCEPTION: You want it slabbed no matter what.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mintmark looks like a match:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2944 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is obviously die 1, whether to grade it I honestly don't know if it would be worth it or not. Other than registry grade coins these have really dropped in the last few years. I saw a correctly attributed, stained AU go for five bucks a while back, but that was honestly much too low for one of these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1726 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After seeing what others said and taking another look at it, it does look like DDO-001. I haven't seen many of this variety, kinda threw me off. Quite a nice coin! I would say if you were to get it graded, I would send it to ANACS. Other than that, I wouldn't get it graded. Not worth enough money to make it worth it IMO.
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1902 Indian cent Off Center
http://goccf.com/t/376888
1972-D Lincoln Cent Major Die
Break
http://goccf.com/t/376595
1964-D LMC Capped Die PCGS MS63RB
http://goccf.com/t/389752
Edited by QuarterHoarder72
11/30/2020 3:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
911 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent coin! AU55 underrated, underappreciated, and undervalued at present. Their a MUST have DDO for the registry set participants and it appears their just not making these 1983 D FS-101's any more.
I feel strongly your coin if certified by PCGS straight grade and placed at auction with GC with an opening bid of $200.00 will sell at between $200.00 - $325.00. Perhaps not at the first showing but eventually a registry collector would likely have strong motivation as MS examples are just not to be had. If members disagree please show pics of yours...would love seeing them.
2 of the former MS 1983 D doubled ear cents I formerly owned are now in registry sets...the 3rd example I acquired from a bat:) I ended up selling it for $175.00 + and it was raw AU details.
Won't kiss and tell but 6 coins (Lincoln Memorial DDO's) phoophoed on this forum are now in the registry sets of 4 of the bigboy collectors. Bats - that 66 FS-101 you sold me I sold it, it promptly graded PCGS 65 RED top pop for buyer arrrghhh! You, I called it a 64 so sad too bad for us. On lighter note the buyer was ecstatic :)
Killer die variety take your time on whatever you do, my opinions jaded as I simply love this rare variety.
Finis!

Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 464Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05