Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade Of 1853 Seated Liberty Half Dime (#2)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 281Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  3:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is another Seated Liberty half dime I am eyeing. Looks very similar to the one I posted previously. I assume VF35.

I think this one has slightly less eye appeal, although it could be due to the lighting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53732 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's going on with the rim at obverse K-10?
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea. Maybe dented or clipped?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1004 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, rim looks shaved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3462 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I much prefer your other 1853, although it does appear to be "slightly" higher in grade.
Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1733 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fish scales get a lot of leeway because of their size and fragility, but this one has issues. It looks like it took a couple rim hits, and possibly more. I'm at a tossup between VF and VF details here. The other one you posted has much better eye appeal. JMHO.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53732 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it makes EF-40 sharpness, but this doesn't look like a clip - guessing a details coin almost for sure.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
9547 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF Details - Damaged.
ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
United States
471 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If they're the same money...I would stick with the other one just to be safe...

smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
9668 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it does appear to be PMD. VF details
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If they're the same money...I would stick with the other one just to be safe...

They are, so I decided to go for the problem-free coin.
Edited by NumisEd
12/03/2020 3:05 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05