Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Kind Of Collector Are You?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,591Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Australia
115 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mostly Aussie coins. Circulating and non circulating.

My Nanny has given me many world coins in the last year. So, I'm becoming more interested in world coinage.

I have also started showing more interest in silver and this is damaging my cash savings goals
Valued Member
Russian Federation
189 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My main goal is to collect Barber dime by years and mints. I also aim to collect US coins by type. These are my main goals. And yes I collect all this while away from the US
Pillar of the Community
United States
1153 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My main goal is to collect Barber dime by years and mints. I also aim to collect US coins by type.
I can help you with that, especially because of that contest you had!
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a hoarder.
I have every Lincoln cent from 1909 to present (Except for the 1909 S VDB)
All Jefferson nickels
All Roosevelt dimes
All Washington quarters
The above are all circulated coins in folders.
I also collect Mint sets
1957 to present uncirculated
1963 to present Mint Proof sets
92 to present mint silver proof sets
02 to present State/ATB silver proof mint sets
All the 3-coin Quarter sets
And last but not lease every Silver Eagle Proof and reverse proof coins from 1986 to present (including the scarce 1995 W)

Currently aiming for the much older coins if I'm lucky
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Edited by Dearborn
01/22/2021 5:48 pm
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm a hoarder.
I would not call that list a hoard, just a well rounded and filled collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Japan
568 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Half to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I consider myself to be a "whatever strikes my fancy at the moment" collector. lol

I try to focus but that only lasts so long.

I have a complete 1 from every century set going back to 400BC, 1 full unc date/mm of SBA, 2 nearly complete date/mm unc LMC, 1 nearly complete d/mm of UNC Jeffs and a 5050 that is about half complete.

I also have a sizable collection of US Admin of the philippines, Republic of the philippines.

Oh yeah, I try very hard to get a full set from circulation or mint/proof set for each year that I visit or live in a country.

Oh oh yeah, I have made good progress on a year set of circ US federal issue coins.

Lets not even talk about my collection of foreign coins; mainly because I only have a vague idea of what I have.
Bulgaria
24 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  05:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MichaelSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm more of a chaotic kind of collector. Not sorting my coins by anything, but at least they're kept in one place.

I do plan on starting a ''one-coin-from-every-country'' kind of collection, alongside my main one.
Edited by MichaelSH
02/18/2021 05:51 am
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,591Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05