Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Hope I Am Not Coming Off Wrong.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 688Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin was an American Buffalo 2006 w one ounce gold proof coin. It is in a felt booklet with a book that explains specs. In a blue hard cardboard box.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is a 2006 w american buffalo one ounce gold proof coin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
also I orderd a camera holder and circle light for picture taking. My hands just do not cut it anymore. It will be here monday
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can try to take pics but I fear it will look like an earthquake was happening.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
4,385 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A coin like that is actually easy, it's a modern bullion coin and is unfortunately not really a collector's piece. Buffalo's might trade at a small premium over spot, but I wouldnt expect much if any from a dealer. I would expect for you to be offered $1900-$2000 for that coin from a collector, and 1800 or so from a dealer.

Companies made a lot of replicas for TV sale, are you absolutely certain its a genuine US mint item and not a copy?

Edit: I just looked up ebay sold listings and it seems to be in that ballpark. This can give you a good idea of what your coins will sell for. When it comes to modern coins, expect to get a similar price to the ones that are in PR or MS 69 holders, the 70 holders will trade at a premium because they have been independently certified to not have imperfections( its gimmicky but it is what it is)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...=1&LH_Sold=1
Edited by Adam_E
12/05/2020 02:51 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh my goodness, I just realized that there are multiple pages to this conversation. sorry for repeating. The honest truth is I have no idea if it is legit. my faith lies i9n the fact that he was no fool. I realize that is not reassuring to true coi9n buffs like yourself. I am going to try pics. how do I get them to you?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
4,385 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those commercials were extremely convincing, trust me, you dont need to be a fool to get that pulled over on you. The replica coins will have the giant word "COPY" on it somewhere, usually along the braid of the Indian's hair or on the mound below the buffalo, it would be fairly distinct.

Edit: theres a guide somewhere on how to upload photos to this site, its fairly straightforward if a little archaic. I'm signing off for tonight but if someone hasn't linked it I will find it for you tomorrow.

Dont worry about asking questions, were all coin lovers on here and are more than happy to help, we just ask to be compensated in nice high quality photos of coins!
Edited by Adam_E
12/05/2020 03:02 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for everything
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17,164 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(we paid 120 an hour for him for tax reasons or something) at $5164, which I truly understand is close to insurance value, what would you all feel comfortable paying for it and leave feeling satisfied/happy about it?

It could depend on what kind of appraisal you got. An appraisal for insurance will often be inflated, the idea being that if you have to make a claim you will actually get MORE than the market value. then there are retail appraisals they give you the retail market value, what you would have to pay a dealer in the market for it, an then there are wholesale appraisals which would be what a dealer would pay YOU for the coin.
Gary Schmidt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14,621 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adam , in the future you don't need to start a different post for every sentence that you write . I'm actually surprised that the Mods didn't tell you that .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
18,294 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I feel like a villain asking or picking brains here.

Asking questions is good--education is the primary reason why CCF exists. As noted by @t-bop, hitting reply after each sentence of your reply is def not necessary though.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 688Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05