Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 W American Buffalo

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 316Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  11:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this coin worth more in the original united states mint box or graded by coin graders? I apologize for the ignorance. I was just asking from what I saw on ebay (which I am sure I probably misunderstood).

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by Adam88
12/04/2020 11:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2930 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its not worth much in either, but to get a good value it has to be a very high grade (like the below)

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am the worst! Thank you for your time but the coin I have is a 2006 w american buffalo one ounce gold proof coin in the blue us mint box. But I saw graded ones with no box for more.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20020 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your saying what is on ebay, almost anything is possible there. And it means nothing.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sean1011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Adam,

Just to clarify, are you trying to buy that coin off of eBay or are you trying to understand the value of the coin you already own by comparing it to eBay prices?

If you already have the coin, are you looking to sell it or just hold on to it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1654 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a general rule, 70's are worth significantly more than coins in OGP. 69's are worth the same or less than coins in OGP. Of course there can be exceptions, especially if a 70 is extremely hard to get.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I read the title correctly, you are referring to the 24K gold Buffalo gold coin 2006-W?

If graded PR70, likely it's worth $2450-$2550. right now to buy one from a dealer, less than that to sell one to a dealer. somewhere in that range currently though.
2006 is the highest mintage year.

Likely a graded Proof 69 would be $1450-$1550 ish? something like that. If not graded, people/ buyers will assume it's a PR69 and not worth the PR70 money, IF they care about it being PR70.

Ungraded, for sure if you sold you would get the PR69 price which is right about melt+ a bit of profit.v

Which reminds me I think they did fractional for 2008, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz. I was meaning to pick up the smaller size ones along the way and never got around to it.
thanks for a reminder about that.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
12/07/2020 4:42 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05