Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Metal Modification Authorization And Cost Savings Act Of 2020 Passes House

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 1,687Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
United States
95932 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nevertheless copper plated zinc is already about as close as it is possible to go to 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' for Pennies. I don't think that the Public would ever accept plastic coins, as they do with credit cards right now.
Plastic would probably cost more than zinc does now. If we could make cents from thin air they would still cost more than a cent to make and distribute.

Quote:
Looking further into the future, coins of larger denominations could be the norm, due to inflation.
True. If we can get them to stop printing notes. Our dollar coin is a failure from its coexistence with the dollar bill. In 2000 I honestly thought we would have our own Toonie by now and would be considering a five dollar coin.

Quote:
However, beware of the compulsory 'mark of the beast' to be able to buy and sell.
That old chestnut?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17226 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2020  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The price of a new car went from $15,000 to $30,000 since I started driving. Now that new car would be $3,000?

Of course your income would also be reduced to 10% of what it is now.

Quote:
Non magnetic stainless steel or Chrome plated steel could be 'in' for Dimes and Quarters.

But would not be "seamless" with the existing coins, and would require significant changes on behalf of the end users, so would not fit in with the new legislation.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
95932 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Of course your income would also be reduced to 10% of what it is now.
Yup. Again, I have to consider the psychological effects and having to retrain our brains. I think the first few seasons of The Price is Right would be crazy.

I wonder how it affected the general population of Mexico in 1993 when they moved the decimal point three places. Perhaps the more drastic realignment was easier to fathom? Also, they revalued everything including the coins. I think changing the value of the US dollar without replacing all coins and currency would be folly.
Pillar of the Community
723 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
moscow will never let this pass the senate if he holds onto it which I honestly believe is very unlikely or even bring it up for a vote.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6969 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We're not living in a hyper-inflationary environment.

Possible to change soon.

PM base - never happen - but is likely the cure.

The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2071 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three words.
Embedded chip coins that are resin-coated steel?
(Dang it, I never could count.)
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just bring back encased postage stamps. Encased in plastic. You can glue them on your mail.
Learn More...
United States
95932 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just bring back encased postage stamps. Encased in plastic. You can glue them on your mail.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16864 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dummies need to just do away with the one dollar note, the penny and the nickel. That's a change I could support!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Learn More...
United States
95932 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2020  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dummies need to just do away with the one dollar note, the penny and the nickel. That's a change I could support!
Agreed, of course.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 1,687Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05