Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 $1 Star Note, Possible Duplicate

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,876Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2020  10:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KrisD1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I usually check any star note I come across through mycurrencycollection.com
I have come across a few that have been considered rare, but I have never seen "Multiple Matching Runs Found" pop up, until now. I'm guessing that someone here, or a few of you, may be able to shed some light on this. I knew they added the star at the end, because you cannot have the same serial number twice. So, if it were printed again, they add the star at the end. Does it mean that there are two star note 2013 $1 bills out there, with this same serial number and star after it? One was printed from Washington DC and another star note with the same serial was printed at the Fort Worth location? Picture attached. Thanks in advance for your help!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41945 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3446 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your questions can be answered by reading this CCF thread - http://goccf.com/t/364714
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62859 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KrisD1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SteveInTampa, I actually found that exact one AFTER I posted this lol. I've already emailed the info to both emails and got a response from Karol. That's definitely a cool way to keep track and for people to try and find sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3446 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Article by Ed Zegers in Paper Money magazine.

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy - I'm the guy behind MyCurrencyCollection. I just updated the site a few days ago to show that message. I might need to keep tweaking the message to make it more understandable, especially to non-collector folks.

Prior, the assumption was that every serial number can only match at most a single star note run. When you searched a star note the first matching result would be what you saw. Then I learned about these duplicate serial numbers... I decided it was important to indicate the note could be from one of multiple runs - mainly because run #1 can be either 250,000 notes (released as sheets) OR 3.2 million (released as packs), depending on the printing facility.

I've noticed the Lookup's results show on ebay a lot these days. It didn't sit well with me that people might list/buy a note as a run of 250k when in reality it was 3.2 million.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3446 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF @mcc.
You did a good job alerting collectors about the possible duplicate serial numbers, and I like most features of your website except for the fancy serial number checker and links to the universal coolness index. I'm not a big fan of that.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hear you. I've lurked here a few weeks and have seen some of the comments about it. I personally agree and think it's a silly and mostly useless metric. The traffic it gets doesn't lie though. Too many people use it (and apparently find it useful) for me to just remove it altogether. I'll try to point more people to a guide I recently wrote regarding which specific serial numbers are worth something.

What I've learned though is that most people want quick answers and are rarely willing to put in any effort to learn for themselves. Especially for star notes and "fancy" serial numbers - they're some of the most accessible forms of collecting and attract a lot of absolute beginners.

It's one of the main reasons I have been away from collecting for more than a decade.
Learn More...
United States
106468 Posts
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gypcy00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a bill series 2013 b07049368#9734; d1 d15 1
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gypcy00--i checked your bill---no match---
Learn More...
United States
106468 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41945 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gypcy00,
to CCF. This is an older thread. You should start your own thread and include photos,front and back.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,876Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: