Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Quiet Day To Count Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 316Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
349 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2021  8:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There is only golf and coins in life!!

Here is my collection of fifty cents 2001 centennials. They are housed in containers and I collect until the container is full.

QLD 28
NOR 27
SA 26
NT 17 still collecting
WA 26
VIC 11 still collecting
ACT 24 still collecting
TAS 19 still collecting
NSW 27
AUS 56

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18113 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have only two examples of each.

It took me about 4 years to fill a two litre jar with commemorative coins only, all taken from pocket change at face value.
Easy to spot, because the designs are different from normal coins.
I did not check the contents of the jar until it was full, although I was tempted to do so.
Out of this, I have formed a nearly complete type set of Australian commemorative coins of all denominations 1970 to date.
The duplicate States sets in 20 Cents and 50 Cents are complete.

I still put aside any commemorative coin I find; it has become a habit. When I have accumulated quite a few, I check the stash periodically, and add any coin that is not duplicate to my collection.

So keep searching. Lotsa fun!
Valued Member
Australia
349 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"I still put aside any commemorative coin I find; it has become a habit."

Me too. It's just a habit. Probably only face value in spite of what you see on Ebay - but it is the fun of finding.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2831 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2021  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great way to build trading stock too.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5238 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They are housed in containers and I collect until the container is full.
Just curious, what sized containers are they?
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Valued Member
Australia
349 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bunnings specials

Valued Member
Australia
349 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Australia
129 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting topic re storing 50c coins, etc. I've been storing my 50c coins in containers with the yellow lids sometimes needed by doctors for a sample. These can be purchased from chemists for about 90c/95c each. I put a small piece of tissue at the base of the container(s) and a piece of tissue in between each 50c.and on the top of the 20th 50c and push a piece of tissue down between the coins and the inside of the container to ensure the coins cannot move. The 20c and $1 coins I store in # 12 round tablet containers with white lids which are also available from chemists. The # 8 tablet containers are ideal for $2 and 2c coins. Tissue between each coin also.

As an observation after doing the above for many years := prior to 1984, 21 x 50c coins would safely fit into each yellow lid container with tissue between each coin, whereas from 1985 only a slightly tight 20 x coins will fit in. Similar for the 20c and $1 coins, too - one less coin fits into the # 12 container than the earlier years from 1984.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
:D wow nice storage, gonna have to take a look at Bunnings special how much is one normally $10, or cheaper?
Valued Member
Australia
349 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
:D wow nice storage, gonna have to take a look at Bunnings special how much is one normally $10, or cheaper?

I can't remember. But I think they were about $8.00. I have recently moved to buying a the larger one. You can see the two sizes in the picture.
Edited by karloning
01/04/2021 12:54 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05