Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957 D Multiple Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 397Next Topic  

United States
18 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  4:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dollface510 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
One obvious error is the "blob" on the "b" in liberty. But, I feel like there are a few errors, I'm just not sure if they are post mint errors. I am new to this, as a hobby let me know if more pictures are needed
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bottom of the B being filled in is caused by a broken post on the die, very common on 1957 & 58 Lincoln cents. I don't really see any other errors.
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you be more specific about what you think are the other errors?

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
01/03/2021 4:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3691 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The B in Liberty appears to be impacted by a die chip--in this case also known as a broken post. A piece of the die had broken off, leaving a void to be filled by metal when the coin was struck. A photo of the reverse would help us develop a more complete sense for what's going on with the coin.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollface510 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There seems to be an indentation near the date that maybe affects the 5 and the 7. Or is that not right?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A close-up of that area would help.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollface510 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is some Machine Doubling
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2835 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

This coin is showing classic die clash at the date and at Lincoln's neck. I can see the C and N of CENT and the E of ONE on the obverse where it was transferred when the dies struck each other. It may also account for some of the distortion around the 57 in the date.

Here's an overlay so you can see what areas are clashed.

Click the photo for a larger image.
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Edited by Yokozuna
01/03/2021 9:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kulman47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/389761#3335299

That is really cool Yokozuna. Nice find Dollface510.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good eye yokozuna
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 397Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05