Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Managed Payments

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,074Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2820 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  4:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It looks like eBay will be requiring coin sellers to use their managed payments system starting later this month, instead of PayPal. They will require linkage with a bank account to deposit payments. They are not very forthcoming about fees and the rebate of fees after dispute resolution. Anyone have any sense of whether there is any substantial change from using PayPal, or will this be a seamless transition?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3313 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where did you get this info from, and can you provide a link. thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
5151 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeh, I got the e-mail too.
Since I will not give them any info about my back account I will not be selling on eBay anymore.
And I will only buy if I can use PayPal to pay.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2820 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, after re-reading the email, it looks like they are enabling managed payments for coin sellers this months, but not yet requiring it. That will probably come later. I found their fee schedule, and it looks like they will charge a total of 12.35%, instead of the 10% plus 2.9% with PayPal, although they are also applying the fee to sales tax. Still not sure whether they would refund the entire amount if an item gets returned. Here's the text of the email:

Sellers in the Coins & Paper Money and Bullion categories will be enabled for managed payments

Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you've already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25. Learn more about managed payments.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1905 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also a pretty big change in regards to listing specifics. Heres the full text:

Quote:

Dear jdmern,

Starting January 20, 2021, sellers who have listings in the Coins & Paper Money category will be required to update item specifics in the Year and Denomination fields. If the required item specifics are not updated, the ability to create new listings, or relist or revise current listings, will be interrupted, and listings will not successfully publish.

Year and Denomination item specifics fields are already part of the listing process and are currently "recommended," but will now be "required" effective January 20. The new item specifics requirements improve searchability for buyers and improve listing organization within the category. Learn more about item specifics.

Sellers in the Coins & Paper Money and Bullion categories will be enabled for managed payments

Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you've already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25. Learn more about managed payments.

Thank you for selling on eBay,
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1905 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually, after re-reading the email, it looks like they are enabling managed payments for coin sellers this months, but not yet requiring it.

When you are 'notified' to register, you have a certain time frame where you will need to register by in order to keep listing on eBay
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay .... the Gong show continues!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3313 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am hearing of lengthy delays in getting paid.. Customers, receiving their items, before the money is in the seller's account. Kinda of scarey..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3313 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am aware of the item specifics, being required, but they are trying to push forward, the K>M> numbers be included.. Which would be a time consuming nightmare..And lets be honest who in this world shops by km numbers..?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
KM numbers .......nobody these days . All on NGC resources.
Do they even make printed catalogues anymore.
EBay is continually mucking things up to the point of
Unbelievable frustration for sellers .
One reason we are gravitating our World Coin listings to
Etsy . Way friendlier to sellers and you get MORE for items
then you do on EBay , especially foreign collector coins .
And a huge plus ....... all you have to do to be protected as a seller
Prove you shipped the coin and they back you !
EBay is in dire need of MAJOR competition .
Edited by Pacificoin
01/04/2021 6:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And a huge plus ....... all you have to do to be protected as a seller
Prove you shipped the coin and they back you !

Are you referring to buyers who claim you sent an empty envelope?

Another comment: For sales of mixed lots, I guess e-Bay expects seller to improvise on year/denomination. Kind of dumb.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've considered Etsy as well. But some of their marketing techniques are pushy. When I save an item I sometimes see a message that says 1 or 2 people "already have this in their cart". At first I thought that might be true. Or something the specific seller does. But just to see, I started saving stuff from a lot of sellers. And the message continued. I even saved a few thing that were so ridiculously overpriced that nobody would put it in their cart. Message still showed up.

Plus I've seen a whole website full of complaints about Etsy. How they have started messing with over the small and mid sized sellers. How they have gone from mostly homemade and vintage stuff, to mass produced stuff from big sellers. In other words, I feel like they are making moves to be just like ebay.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Otto ......the empty envelope BS is just that. That constitutes Mail fraud .
BTW has NEVER happened to us !
@ Lancek when I first started selling there I was a sceptic at first .
NOT now!
Edited by Pacificoin
01/05/2021 1:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2820 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like this is happening sooner rather than later. I actually got a call from eBay today reminding me to register for managed payments, and I think it will be required within the next 2 months in order to list new items. Still not sure I trust them with my bank info.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2708 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've read through most of the email from eBay and am I correct in understanding that if you sign up for managed payment using a checking account you can still take payments through PayPal?
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2820 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I understand, buyers can still pay via PayPal, but the payment goes to eBay, who then transfers it to your bank account less fees. Sellers can't get payments directly into their PayPal account.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,074Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05