Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has Anybody Had Dansco Make A Custom Printed Binder?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 392Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  3:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Assuming that after this virus crisis goes away and Dansco starts up production again, I was thinkin of having a custom printed Dansco binder made. I was wondering if anybody had this done and how the printing turned out.

According to this old 2015 Dansco brochure I found, they offered the custom printing, although it seems a little expensive to put together a custom album, for what I want at the 2015 pricing it would have cost me over $60.00 to order it.
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had three made in 1996. They look like my other Dansco albums.

They have to create a new binder layout every time a new series comes out (e.g. Statehood, ATB). Making a one-off only requires time, which is why they charge a bit more for them.
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome.

I left out part of my explanation above. Creating a new album for " American Innovation Dollars" is no different that making one for "Jbuck's World Coins" (or whatever you want). The difference is they will make many hundreds of one and maybe just one of the other.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased a custom Dansco album about 3 years ago. Looks identical to my other Dansco albums. They're a little expensive but I was very pleased with the way it came out. I think I paid about $35 for it. I was looking at purchasing several more when Dansco starts up their operations again.
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody.
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billymac11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a link to Dansco itself to look into one's own custom album? I've never found their website, only resellers.
71 of 72 in my edition of the Dansco 7070.
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I contacted them directly via phone to order my custom albums. I had to mail them a check. This was 1996.

That being said, I would start here...

Dansco Corporation
(360) 988-2811
315 Cherry St, Sumas, WA 98295

Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billymac11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm. They are an interesting business. They don't seem to really reach out much or have a presence on the web. Thanks for the info.
71 of 72 in my edition of the Dansco 7070.
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are an older company. I hope their move to Washington is followed by them embracing some modernization.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tnt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since Dansco moved to Washington, they at least have a website now and periodically post updates on it. To my knowledge, when they were located in Los Angeles, they didn't have a website. So I see that as progress. Here's the latest update recently posted on their website:

January , 2021 UPDATE- We began production beginning October 19, 2020 with a small crew. It is taking time for the albums to reach the distributors and subsequently, the retail stores but we are manufacturing albums. Until we are able to hire a full workforce, we will be manufacturing at a slower pace. We are simply grateful to all of you, our loyal customers for your patience and for supporting American jobs, especially during these very challenging times. Stay healthy and be safe. -Dansco
Learn More...
United States
96250 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
they at least have a website now and periodically post updates on it.
I forgot about that...

http://www.danscousa.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 392Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05