Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member - Excited To Learn

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 190Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  5:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Michello454 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I have always had an interest in coin collecting, but I didn't do it seriously. I inherited my dad's small collection when he passed in 1997. In the early 2000's I had an ex who pawned the majority of his coins. Now you know why he is an ex! Left over were about 20 wheat pennies all of different dates and mint marks. After feeling defeated from what that ex did, I gave my step dad who collects the remainder. 15 years later, I have a rekindled interest in coins after coming across an Indian Head penny at work! My step dad touched me to tears by first giving me my dad's remaining coins as well as giving me a few additional coins.

I have felt closer to my dad than I have in a long time by taking on this quest to complete his wheat pennies. While I realize I may not be able to afford the best quality pennies, I hope I can at least complete it some day.

I have been working at a small local grocery store for the past decade. Over the years I have taken the small gems I find that interest me when I come across them. This is amounted to 2 silver certificates, an Indian Head penny, several buffalo head nickels, several silver dollars (Ikes), several 50 cent pieces (Kennedy and one Franklin!) as well as my favorite piece left in the CoinStar machine - an 1830 large cent penny.

My current goals are - Collection of each Wheat penny. Collection of each Indian Head penny. Collection of each Mercury dime and finally a type set that includes one of each type. Once I get some of those I might move on to more! But I happily find an interest in each. I love the history surrounding them and learning the stories of some of the coins produced has proved fascinating.

I am in the Dayton Ohio area and I hope to learn more about caring for the coins, places both online and in person I might go to find coins/purchase coins. I hope to meet others who share these interests both online and maybe even near me someday!

I Look forward to talking to you all and learning more about you.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Michello. Dive in and enjoy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF! Glad to have you here.
Learn More...
United States
96035 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5070 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Michello454 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, you all are so kind.

I was excited to pick up a nice used Dansco 7070 Type set album the other day from the local coin shop.
Learn More...
United States
96035 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was excited to pick up a nice used Dansco 7070 Type set album the other day from the local coin shop.
Excellent!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 190Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05