Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 P Roosevelt For My Album..your Thoughts On Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 364Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  9:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gymcoachdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I like to note approximate grades when I put a coin into my albums, so I appreciate you guys that give your thoughts on these common modern coins! Also check out the beginning of a die crack at the bottom of the torch on the reverse!

Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
66FB. Those die cracks are very common on these things.

EDIT: John1- I think you're right, Full Torch. Thanks!
Edited by MOS0239
01/11/2021 09:12 am
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kulman47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think its sharper then the FB67 on PCGS. Reverse I think (torch) would prevent 67+ but I'd say 67
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38446 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think on modern dimes it is referred to as a full torch=FT.
IMHO,it does not matter much. I just checked on a 2016 and a FT was $3 more than a none FT in MS65. Full bands are more of a thing with Merc dimes,just sayin'
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to say MS66 but I think the contact marks on the cheek and neck might push it down to a 65. I tend to be conservative with grades especially from photos. It is a very nice looking coin and should be a fine addition to your album.
Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gymcoachdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full Torch Roosevelt's are currently common, however, in some years in the series it is a rarity. I have been working on a FT set, and it might never be finished.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55748 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-66.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have been working on a FT set, and it might never be finished.

Let's hope you're able to find the coins you need. If you run into a roadblock on a particular date / MM. PM me. I have a number of duplicate UNC Roosevelt dimes. Might have what you're looking for. Always willing to help a fellow collector.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3547 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me, MS65+.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2168 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Full Torch Roosevelt's are currently common, however, in some years in the series it is a rarity. I have been working on a FT set, and it might never be finished.

Well don't give upon that. I have also been working on FT dimes as well. I only have '46 to '57 to get. Other than that I have all FT Roosevelt dimes from '58 to present still in Mint uncirculated cello packages.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 364Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05