Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952? Possible D On Lincoln Coat

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 263Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  3:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Annaann911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Lots of weird stuff, please tell me what you think

Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That coin dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just PMD.
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, post mint damage. You won't be able to convince fellow collectors it is anything but that based on all that is around it. Like having a totally green coin that has been in salt water for years. Not going to be worth the effort of examining it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
817 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pictures of the entire coin, front and back, would help determine the problems also.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annaann911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try and post better pic later this evening, thanks for input!
Learn More...
United States
18311 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@annaa, if you are going to add more pics of this coin to this thread, can you please also include a more targeted close-up of the top of Abe's head? I wonder if that is damage or a retained interior die break and a better pic might help to figure it out.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annaann911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
18311 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thx for the extra pics. I wonder if that isn't some sort of dried adhesive on the top of Abe's head. It is the same color as the coin, but I'm not sure what else it could be. It doesn't look like the result of a die break and there is a similar patch on the rev. You could give this coin a soak in an acetone bath (taking all appropriate precautions) and see if it peels off of the coin.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
4606 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking the same thing as Spence. Looks like a thin coat of a clear adhesive on both sides of this cent. I due also agree with sheldius where the efforts to save this coin isn't worth it. Mark it up to PMD and on to the next, unless of course, you're just curious about figuring out what's going on with this coin. If it's not an adhesive, I'm stumped.

ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 263Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05