Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Classic Silver Commem Type Set

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 640Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BGLI, thanks for your kind words (and to the others above as well).

As my two main sets were close to "completion", I started on the Classic Silver Commem Type Set about two years ago, for the reasons of interest that I described in my OP. While that sounds like a short time for a set like mine, I can't even begin to tell you how much time I spent searching the lots in EVERY reputable auction, along with collectorscorner.com. It's not just finding coins in the grades I want - I probably passed on well over 95% or more of the coins I saw in the grades I want, even though they had CAC's. The eye appeal to me was of paramount importance! Then when I would finally come across a coin that looked real good from the high resolution photos, I would then check with my contact at that particular auction site. Of those roughly 5% of the coins that met my criteria, including eye appeal, about 80% of the time my contact at each of the main auction firms would tell me to pass when they looked at the coin in hand even though the coin would look great in the photos! Unbiased professional advice like that is invaluable!

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
3273 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve,

Like usual, drool worthy set!! My favorite coin is the Hawaii, but that's my favorite commemorative anyway but yours is extra drool worthy
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 640Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05