Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member With A Question 1982 Washington Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 228Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  02:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add James121705 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this an error coin and if so could somebody estimate a value and grade on it look closley at the liberty

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37721 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Need close ups of areas in question,also please tell us what you are seeing. Please crop and rotate photos properly before posting...thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James121705 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I have is a cellphone to take the pictures with but I dont know if you are able to zoom in to the liberty it is partly printed on the ridge sorry for the poor quality of photo
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4542 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  07:13 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depending on the cell phone you can usually take decent pictures. Just takes some practice, trial and error and good lighting. I have been able to get by with only a cell phone. Had an iPhone 7 that was fine. Recently got an iPhone 12 that is phenomenal.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2692 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

Your coin does look like an error, but if you look at quarters made in 1982, they all seem to have the same feature of the letters in LIBERTY just touching, or almost touching the rim at the top. This was most likely caused by an aging master hub (coop, is this correct?) so any coins struck with dies that were engraved from this hub have the same look. Even the quarters from 1981 are starting to get close.

The coins from 1983 are normal, so they must have made a new master hub that repositioned the letters away from the rim.

https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...2-p-25c/5912
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48815 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. What's a master hub?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 228Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05