Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995-W Silver Eagle (10th Anniversary Coin)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 242Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this 1995-W silver eagle that needs grading.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2655 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great set to own. Worth a nice chunk of change.
If that disturbance between the sun's rays is on the coin, grading is not going to help this coin.
Same goes for the issue between the stars and the eagle's wing in the reverse.
Either way, would need better pictures of the coin out of the capsule to grade. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH -- BE CAREFUL REMOVING THE COIN FROM THE CAPSULE OR DONT DO IT AT ALL!! A SINGLE FINGER PRINT CAN COST YOU HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hazing you see is from the capsule. Don't worry, the coin stays in it little home until I can get All 5 coins sent to PCGS.

I'll try to get better pics of the coin from different lighting angles.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the coin again, Light source is from above and slightly to the Left of the coin.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37642 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is ,if the set was mine I would send the whole thing to PCGS.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3047 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its only an ASE, want spot plus $5, I'll pay you today, heck I'll drive over to give you cash
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've sent other coins in their capsules to PCGS. Let them remove it from the capsule.
You can even ask for the empty capsule back.
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Its only an ASE, want spot plus $5, I'll pay you today, heck I'll drive over to give you cash

That is a fine offer, dear Sir! please allow me a few minutes to contemplate this for a few minutes.
Edited by Dearborn
01/17/2021 1:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've sent other coins in their capsules to PCGS. Let them remove it from the capsule.
You can even ask for the empty capsule back.

That is what I plan to do as soon as I get back my other 2 coins (the 2020 W end of WWII V75 Privy)

Right now I have the entire Proof line of Eagle coins from all available mints from 1986 to present. Next I'm going for all the burnished and uncirc Eagles
Pillar of the Community
United States
3047 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a full set of bullion ASE (well the 1996 is a proof). I have 2 2019 S ERP but no 1995 W. That is the key date! I was kidding on the offer, I would have actually offered spot plus $10

On that set, I would send all to get graded.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 242Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05