Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Commemorative Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 421Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1205 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  10:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like the commemorative coins for 2022 are set.

PL 116-209, the Negro Leagues Baseball Centennial Commemorative Coin Act, authorizes $5, $1 and 50c coins

and

PL 116-247, the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Act, also authorizes $5, $1 and 50c coins.
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. Now we wait for the design candidates.
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check coincollector123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not too excited for another baseball coin and the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor sounds interesting but at the moment its all about design that will make or break the set.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm also not too excited for another baseball commemorative. But I hope the design might change my mind

After the vietnam vets and medal of honor commems both featured medals, I hope the purple heart one will find a way to stand out. I wish they'd do more wide-sweeping military stuff, like a Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard commem before continuing to do more niche stuff
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neither sound very interesting to me. Unless I really like the designs I will probably pass.
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always hope for another silver dollar and medal set. I also hope they do not curve the baseball coins again, but I know they will. With that it seems a Purple Heart silver dollar and medal set would be appropriate and on my list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1734 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also hope they do not curve the baseball coins again, but I know they will.

Got to use that fancy, new machine!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5218 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fourth Congress was the charm for the Purple Heart Hall of Honor coin program!

It was proposed in Congress for the first time back in 2014 (for 2017-dated coins) during the 113th Congress. It was re-introduced in the 114th, 115th and 116th Congresses - it finally passed in the 116th. Representative Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY) and Senator Charles E. Schumer (D-NY) have been very persistent and diligent in trying to get their "local" coin approved, each introduced a bill for it in four consecutive Congresses! (Both Schumer and Maloney are serving in the just-convened 117th Congress.)

The Purple Heart Hall of Honor is located in New Windsor, NY and has been open since 2006.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got to use that fancy, new machine!
Yup!

Quote:
Fourth Congress was the charm for the Purple Heart Hall of Honor coin program!
Very interesting!
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am assuming the purple heart will be colorized...
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am assuming the purple heart will be colorized...
Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no...

If they do, at least offer an un-enhanced version.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05