Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Know How To Get Verdicare?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 178Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  10:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hypr277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know how to get VerdiCare? I've tried and tried some more, I put my name on a list with the supplier , still have no VerdiCare.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37658 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF Hypr277
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2069 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Hypr277.

Unfortunately, the producer has taken a hiatus from producing it for the time being. He has said he's not sure when he'll be up to making more.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14846 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Supposedly their are other products out there that mimic Verdi-Care but I have not tried them .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
Canada
211 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow PB, the transformation is amazing...I'm even more keen to source out some of that product now seeing results like that.

I've been around here for while now and I notice many folks praising the qualities of VC, however the demand by far out weighs the supply....if one exists at all.
If theres a source out there (anywhere) I'd be interested to know where that is or know about an alternative if one exists.
Many of us have coins that we would like to see come up in the eye appeal department and I feel this is one route to improving the look of some of those coins.
I dont feel this is a perfect solution to all problem coins but it sure could bring a few back from the brink. Heres hoping VC comes back for sale in the future
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2708 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree.

This is all I have left in my two ounce bottle.

I'd love to buy some more, if available.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2708 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another VerdiCare project of mine. It is an 1859 Indian Head cent, most likely a metal detecting find.

VerdiCare did a very nice job. The coin has a reddish/brown color and, if submitted to a TPG, would most likely receive a "Details" grade, but for the little I paid for it, I was happy to put it in my collection.

These are the seller's "Before" and my "After" photos.

Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37658 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you try other conservation methods before the Verdi?
I don't really like that color in ended up being,WADR.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
5141 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VerdiCare is for cleaning coins.
It removes toning which means it removes some of the original metal.
Coins should not be cleaned
UNLESS
they are so corrupted that it can do nothing but help.

Conserving coins is fine as long as you understand conserving means removing debris from a coin's surface.
Debris means oil, grease, glue, new fingerprints and stuff like that.
Material that doesn't/hasn't reacted with the coining metal.
Generally acetone is used for conserving.

Fingerprints have to be gotten to quickly since they are acidic.
There are collectors that automatically bathe any new raw coins they receive in acetone.
Once you see a fingerprint it may be too late.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37658 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I read,verdi does not remove any metal. An acidic dip like eZest does.
John1
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

These replies were split into their own topic and moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14846 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Verdicare is for cleaning coins.
It removes toning which means it removes some of the original metal.

Have to disagree ; Even BadThad says Verdi-Care is for conserving only and is not considered cleaning .I also disagree that it removes any metal from a coin if used properly .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2708 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller's photos (the before) of the 1859 Indian Head cent were quite a bit darker than the actual coin was when I received it.
Paul Bulgerin
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 178Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05