Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970-S Lincoln Cent Mechanical Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 200Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
54 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  7:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
New to the forum so if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it. I found a 1970-S Lincoln Cent with doubling today! Then I decided I had better bone up on Mechanical Doubling verus doubled dies. My eyes aren't so great so I set up the microscope. If I'm wrong, please tell me! But this looks like Mechanical Doubling to me. What do you think?

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
345 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you are right--md--
Pillar of the Community
United States
4969 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! Machine Doubling! Yay!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1288 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually that's a great example coin - I'd save it in a 2x2 just for the heck of it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6963 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
- really good example of MD
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually that's a great example coin - I'd save it in a 2x2 just for the heck of it.
I agree.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5541 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

That's a good one
Edited by Chase007
01/19/2021 09:51 am
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! Learning every day.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an additional question about this topic. Not questioning the Mechanical Doubling on this coin but more for my own enlightenment. I was reading about doubled dies on error-ref.com. How would you differentiate a Mechanical Doubling from a small date over large date? They show an image of a 1960-D with Class III doubling that I would have called MD. How do you know?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 200Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05