Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1956 D LWC Doubling Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 190Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had this one earlier and took a pic of this anomaly. Looks doubled to me but it could be something else. Is it worth going through the trouble of finding it for full obverse reverse pics? There is some deterioration on igwt. Is that what's below the mint mark?

Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second pic is of a different coin. This is the deterioration on this coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
5022 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we see a close-up of the mintmark on the first coin (and please lose the 2nd coin)?

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks merclover. As mentioned I need to go back through a roll or two to find this coin but it looks promising. I'll post up close pics tomorrow along with obverse reverse
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos aren't the best but show the overall picture. I'll get up close on the mint mark in the morning

Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be die damage

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@RW1010 - Was the second picture you posted a 1957-D? I found one that looks just like it and posted it a few years ago at this link http://goccf.com/t/244754
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks lawest. Not sure of the date but I will locate it and let you know. Thanks for the link on that coin. Very interesting info there. I didn't know there were bie and die break books. I usually take pics of errors without obverse and reverse so I have quick reference on my phone. Too many pics on the phone so I try to limit photos when I can.
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start a new topic when I find it
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If yours is also a 1957D I am anxious to see if it is also a BIE and if it has the die break on the left wheat stalk
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 190Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05