Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1896 "O" Morgan Dollar ' Uncirculated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 304Next Topic  

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  01:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kahawai to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have alot of uncirculated Morgan dollars and very old
1896 O
1921 S
Plus ALOT MORE, EVEN A GOLD ONE...Are any of these gradeable? I tried to look up to determine but theres so much to look at.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37757 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I think the pros are going to want better photos. Also going to need close ups front and back of each to look for VAMS, each in it's own thread please. None of them look uncirculated from those pics.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
01/20/2021 04:48 am
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kahawai to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you John1, I appreciate your opinion. Ya, I took the photos at night in my office, I will take pictures in the daytime, the light is so much better.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54774 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought the 1901 looks pretty uncirculated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1336 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common Morgans and none show that they are in good enough condition to be sent to a TPG. Enjoy them for what they are.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kahawai to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rothery how are you determining that? These coins were in plastic along with all the others I have, I even have some that were bought straight from the bank in 1922, with the receipt from tbe bank that says uncirculated, they were bought for my grandfather when he was a child. He started collecting as a child. I inherited his enire collection which is alot!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1336 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I even have some that were bought straight from the bank in 1922, with the receipt from tbe bank that says uncirculated, they were bought for my grandfather when he was a child

Well please post that receipt - any information will be helpful in determining condition.
Edited by Rothery
01/20/2021 2:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
540 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Most of here are very analytical...we love looking at coins.

Looks like you're off to a good start...you've got the coins and you know how to upload photos.
It's very challenging to post photos so we can see a true representation of the coin. Lighting is key...and you've already noted that you'll try and post pics with better lighting.

So as to not confuse us...post each coin in it's own thread...post as many as you like. Nice close ups of the whole coin obverse and reverse and crop them so we only see the coin.

If you've not been told this...DO NOT CLEAN YOUR COINS!

Looking fwd to your many posts!
smat
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kahawai to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thank you smat45 I will and I will show the bank receipt for the coins that says uncirculated as well
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54774 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The receipts would be interesting to see, but I can assure you that the first coin shown (with larger images) is definitely not uncirculated.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05