Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1919 Penny Like To Know A Little More About It

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 172Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
57 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  05:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add biker420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1919 pennt don't know much about it just know it came from my great grand paw my grandfather had it really like to learn everything thanks

Pillar of the Community
Canada
8921 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really much to tell.
Yours is known as 1919 Lincoln Wheat Small Cent.
It was minted in Philadelphia ( No mm)
There were 392,021,000 struck.
Not much value in that condition.
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numiscrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with JimmyD.

This is the type of coin you put in 2x2 holder and label where it came from. The family connection would be far more important to me than a monetary value of much less than a buck to anyone else.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2926 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And some Verdi-Care may help this coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14880 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to stay in the hobby You need to learn that one the most important things about coins is not how old they are , but what condition they are in . This 1919 is very worn from circulation and abuse . Value 1 or 2 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54879 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common date, badly corroded, agree worth little over face in this condition.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twslisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just at melt value it's worth about twice face value, BUT right now it's illegal to melt pennies. I agree the real value here is sentimental.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 172Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05