Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can You Grade This Coin? 1922-D 'No D' LWC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  5:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It has seen some circulation, but I think is a nice specimen.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54539 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say G details (rim damage, ED).
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me, the 1922-D cent is a fairly strange issue of the Lincoln's. There are known weak strikes which could affect the actual grade. I have one which looks F-15 for an eyeball grade, but actually grades AU-50 or so.
Yours looks just like coinfrog says, so to me the actual grade could be a little higher, but not by very much. Yours also carries a slight bonus of a weak D mintmark, which can carry a higher value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2680 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very weak D, but it is still there. To make it a true No D variety, there must not be even a hint of the mint mark.
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
United States
2792 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree it looks like a weak D, die pair #3. I'd say G details.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14827 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
22 weak D G-04 Details , rims and reverse corrosion .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the weak-d consensus. My concern is the "weak reverse" that should signify "die erosion" and not overpolishing common with "strong reverse." If I am correct then I would expect the field below the 1922 to be perfectly smooth and it is not...

For what it's worth... Stay well, everyone!

Diy89Numr7
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16854 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G details, corroded

Questionable on the no D given the pictures and condition.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6982 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damaged and corroded.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I get home, I'll get a close up of the date/MM area.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05