Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1985 Lincoln Penny Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 295Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add colyervenus2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Will everyone please look at this Penny and give me your alla opinion? I feel I see letters, besides the obvious, stamped into the Penny had anyone seen something like this?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1877 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1985D - heavily damaged ("parking lot" damaged) coin...
worth $.01 - ( if you bury it in a roll)...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4595 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8921 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Just a badly damaged coin.

FYI-
It is only an error if it happens during the actual striking of the coin. Anything that happens after that,
no matter how is classed as PMD. (Post Minting Damage).
So far the two coins you have shown have just been badly damaged.
To see what true errors are, I suggest reading a link such as
error.ref.com
Also by reading other postings, you can get an idea of what is or is not an error. I think that you will
find that over 90% of what people think is an error is just damage.

Keep looking though, there are still errrors to be found.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54879 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just damage, likely deliberate.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obvious post mint damage, not worth more than one cent in value. You could look around on this sites error pages both for American and foreign to get a feel for what genuine errors are about. Feel free to keep showing us what you believe are errors, and we can all help you determine what you have.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1377 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes - yeah, pretty gouged up
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, great advice above about spending some time here and checking out some genuine errors.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2926 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Parking Lot Coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
5055 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with all of the above, purely post mint damage. Not a mint error, sorry it's not better news. Keep searching!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11379 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to CCF!
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, error.ref.com is a awesome website, I use it when I need to...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3999 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF...best of luck on future finds,have fun and keep asking whenever in need of help....
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05