Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are They Keepers? Not Sure What To Think...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 574Next Topic  
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  3:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
That is the question. Are they keepers? I think I have an idea of what I have, but not 100% as I keep getting differn`t stories and what to look for. Now I`m into collecting right now and not so much about the money. I want cool factor as well as some value.

So is worth keeping with cool factor taken in?
Pillar of the Community
United States
729 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you like them, keep them! Only worth $1 US.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54828 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With a side note that your 1979-p SBA dollar is the more common far date, narrow rim variety.
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Ikes are keepers and yes I admit bias!

Not a bad start for an Ike or SBA set, if that interests you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2998 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suggest posting only one coin per topic thread--helps to generate more responses.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11379 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If those are the only ones you have for the types, then I say keep them. I'm not too interested in SBAs, but I feel I should have at least one.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep them. I do have to admit, though, that I keep an inventory of Bi-Centennial IKE's to pass out to children of friends and family.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14877 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me they are not collectible in that condition , very common and Only worth $1 each . Keep them or spend them ; What ever floats your Boat .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericalynn13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha they are keepers for me cuz I'm an Ike hoarder and enjoy SBAs. *laughter* As for value, $1 each without fail but not coins you would want to pay to grade etc.
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  12:33 am  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get the comments, but there are some varieties worth serious money. They are worth cherry picking. I remember buying 80 Ikes for $80 at an auction about 8 years ago and there were 3 1972 Type 2 that are worth serious money. 1979 and 1981 SBA's have varieties worth some mone, tooy. So, other than the cool collecting part, it's probably worth looking over SBA's and Ikes offered any way.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well they are worth slightly over face value so I say keep them. They are cool coins.
Valued Member
United States
307 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are getting into collecting as you say, the easiest and cheapest thing to do is get yourself a Red Book for $14 on Amazon. It doesn't have everything, and the prices are way off, but it will give you enough info to know if a 99.999% of the coins you come across are worth a second look or not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3314 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I remember buying 80 Ikes for $80 at an auction about 8 years ago and there were 3 1972 Type 2 that are worth serious money. 1979 and 1981 SBA's have varieties worth some mone, tooy

if you already know this , then why are you asking for opinions. you already know how to buy, and find coins worth money, as you say..
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, SilverWolf, FYI you quoted me but I am not the one asking the topic question.... Just saying

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3314 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies, I misread it.. sorry.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 574Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05