Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 P Jefferson Nickel - Full Steps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 400Next Topic  

United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  5:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone tell me if this coin would carry a premium. In hand it seems flawless. The steps are full - but that is probably common on this young a nickel. Has a slight golden tone on RH obverse. It's
hard to get good pictures through the cellophane. Thanks in advance !!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3994 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"hard to get good pictures through the cellophane" well than take it out... I don't see Philly mint sets holding much premium. If you have the time for eBay (IMO) you might get a dollar or two. Not worth grading (I know that was not part of your question) a single coin and with a large submission you would need many MS-69s to make up the cost.
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
2998 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably looking at MS66 or 67. Out-of-packaging images will help narrow down the possible grade.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54828 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full steps are common on nickels of this era.
Edited by Coinfrog
01/26/2021 6:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11379 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think we can grade very accurately with those pics. It would have to be out of the plastic.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for responses. Didn't want to remove as I
thought being in cello would be a plus. I'll crack it out & re picture if that is not the case. Wasn't planning on grading - but I do think it has a shot at high MS. I sell alot on ebay & cellophane is generally good. Was more wondering about toning being a plus or minus.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are better pics. The worst mark I see is that tiny scratch under Tom's eye a bit. Clearly is FS. Opinions on grade are welcomed. Thanks all !!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1358 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your light source/flash is washing out the details of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7000 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many MS Jefferson nickels of this date/era are struck with what we know today as FS - and so is yours.

Your photos do not show any toning that you refer to - and IMHO cellophane is not a positive to coin sales or collector desires.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty limited taking night photos as per photo wash. Very well struck coin with one mark. Toning is light but there at 3:00 near the edge. I have to disagree on the cellophane part on low value coins like these on ebay at least - it seems to be a plus. I'll post a few more photos. Thanks all !!
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few very tiny nicks but still VERY nice coin. Opinion welcome !!

United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted other phptos but they didn't go through. I'll try showing the toning.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe these will go through.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3994 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing a lot of ticks on the rim and a friction scar across his nose plus the hits you pointed out...66+/67 alsos tough grading shiny coins from photos..nice album coin...
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1175 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms66 imo
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the opinions !! Good photos are tough for me to provide. I noticed rim nicks also but they don't always seem to matter as much for some reason.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 400Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05