Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Victory Nickel Specimen Set

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,321Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4767 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  02:28 am Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I present to you my forum family, a set I never thought I could complete! Some of the most popular and historical Canadian coins ever issued are the Victory designs from 1943-1945. Like many collectors, this iconic design captivated me as a budding collector and still does as a full grown Numismatist. The history behind these pieces is amazing as many of you know. The beautiful part about the specimen strikes is that for 1943 and 1944, they sold these pieces in specimen pairs to the public in an effort to generate funds for the war effort. I was lucky enough to get a modest 1944 a few years back and then last year I picked up an amazing original pair of 1943s. Now as we roll into the new year, I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered a superb example of the 1944 issue as well as a coin I thought I'd never own...a 1945! For those of you who don't know, 1945 is a special year for specimens. It was the first year that we began striking dollars again, so a fair amount of dollars were produced in specimen..but the rest of the set is ultra rare with anywhere between 3-6ish pieces being known per denomination. There are 7 specimens in the PCGS pop report and at least two of them are misattributed mint states..meaning this coin is one of likely only 5 or so pieces issued. I won't be getting the two new additions til March, but I am too happy to not share..plus I figured I was overdue for a post to show that I am still around

1943 SP-66
1944 SP-67
1945 SP-65

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 20 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1190 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
darn... those are pretty.

Great additions to your collections
Pillar of the Community
Canada
538 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo - that is spectacular!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1008 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
622 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful set, love that 1944

Well done!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55849 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just beautiful, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8331 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! The cameo and highly polished fields make such a difference to the design!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4698 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are really nice and cool !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1091 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work Will, beautiful coins!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3850 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most excellent examples, Will !
Keep it up ! Just wish there were
200 more young numismatists as keen
as yourself!
Next up complete a 1945 Specimen set !
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins, thanks for sharing them with us.
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gorgeous coins, congrats!
Canada
28 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigal12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive ,congrats
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3505 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins. I'll see you and your sidekick at one of the next shows in the T.O. area when they open up. Good job!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8345 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1273 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
super coins.
How long did it take you to assemble these?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,321Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05