Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Coin Supplier Reference?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 362Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  6:16 pm Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Greetings!

I am looking for good online coin supplies vendor (reliable, good prices, etc.). I have tried wizard a couple times without problems, but I am sure that there must be more. Appreciate the advice.

Stay well,

Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
United States
7806 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wizard is ALWAYS my goto place first, why mess with perfection?

Jake's Marketplace
Brooklyn Coin & Stamp Supplies

are two I've done some ordering with through eBay stores.

For books:

Kolbe & Fanning - website
Charles Davis - website or abebooks shop
David Kahn - eBay or website
InDeetLib - eBay
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a link to Jake's but have not checked it out extensively. Now I have a reason.

Looking especially for some flips and airtites.

Thanks, Westcoin.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20187 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many people use and say Wizard that I never thought of checking.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
267 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was inquiring because I wanted to buy air-tites in bulk. Both Wizard and Jake's have them, as expected, but the price differences were significant (for ones I wanted). "Jake" said they don't discount on bulk and I have not heard back from Wizard. I certainly don't want a case for every coin type, too. I'll probably just buy a few at a time.

A question is whether direct fits are better than the ones with the black or white inserts to show off the coin? I am concerned that those inserts will eventually do harm. What do others do?

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1046 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aside from Wizard and a local shop, the only other I use is JP's Corner out of Joplin, MO. Similar to Wizard.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
United States
7806 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't say as I don't use air-tites, I do use the intercept and know when the inserts change to a brown color they have out lived their corrosion inhibiting properties and it's time to replace them. I use them on better copper coins to lessen the chance of moisture and corrosion on the surfaces now that I'm in a more humid environment (a far cry from Denver's dry arid air). I also keep desiccant packs with them and store them inside air tight Tupperware type containers, which are checked on regularly. I don't worry anywhere near as much on silver or gold coins.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bingnuts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used this company a while back to buy bulk
good price
http://www.air-tites.com
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 362Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05