Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Good Laugh From Gumtree

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 564Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
761 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  9:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bea...s/1267343475

Copper $65 a kilo...

There could be a 1930 penny in this lot...

$2400 in scrap metal could be yours for just $17,980. Don't miss out on this bargain.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1071 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well it depends really if they are pre-demcial pre-1940 hapeny's and penny then maybe fair but I doubt it. Whats more is how the heck are you suppose to buy it and then move it? plus he saying that he bought for 30K which is O,o silly.
Edited by ryurazu
02/09/2021 11:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
761 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  04:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ryurazu - And why apparently spend that much money on pennies and ha'pennies if you have no intention of searching for rare coins? IMHO this guy has already pulled out most worthwhile coins and any semi-rare coins will be very low grade.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3360 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I should sell silver at a 'loss' to him at $100 an ounce!
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1071 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@David Graham I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. However I change my mind, since I contacted him on gumtree, postage alone is $1500 for whole amount 310KG thats 4.83 dollars per kg ..... for mail. oh well.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
761 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

@David Graham I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. However I change my mind, since I contacted him on gumtree, postage alone is $1500 for whole amount 310KG thats 4.83 dollars per kg ..... for mail. oh well.

Even if he packed it into 62x 5kg AP satchels it's ~$2 a kg. Freighted as a pallet would be even cheaper still.
Nah, the way the ad was written smelt of snake oil salesman. It's scrap copper and nothing more.
Valued Member
Australia
59 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the laugh :D
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 564Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05