Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How To Make A Cent Sell On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 581Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  7:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add loquixx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
what is the best way to sell a coin in ebay I have a coin for the pass 3 monts on ebay I have 100 views not a sell any advace why? thanks in advace
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4654 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Are you using the auction feature or BIN?
2. Are you doing free shipping or charging for shipping?
3. Have you researched the selling prices for coins in similar grade to yours? If yes, what have you found?

If you can answer these things, then experienced members here might be able to help.

Generally speaking, your coin will always sell if you are using auctions starting at $0.99 and offering free shipping.

The most likely reason a coin does not sell in three months is that it is priced above the market value for the coin. Or that you have a low feedback, and buyers are choosing other sellers for the same coin.

Edited by tdziemia
02/13/2021 7:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How bout posting a picture of your coin and the price you are starting it at - doing that most likely will reveal the problem you are having
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56913 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give us a link and we'll give you some advice.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15205 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog just beat me to it , Yes with the link we can probably find you problem . It could be a number of things .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1567 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been dealing on ebay for years. As the others said, post a link and we can take a look and give you some professional advice.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20201 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
State things like UNSERCHED coin. List it as a MS-75 . And don't forget free shipping.
just carl
Valued Member
Canada
89 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-75 is the key ingredient to selling a coin :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3687 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Typically a coin will not sell because either your initial starting price or buy it now price is too high.

I have listed things at a buy it now price where people instead bid on it and the final price goes above the original buy it now price.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, guess we'll never know the reason......
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4654 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Well, guess we'll never know the reason......

One version of Murphy's Law would say that as soon as the post was made the item sold

But maybe the OP figured it out.. Those of us who sell on eBay know it's one of just two things: the coin (including shipping cost) was priced too high, or it's such a common coin that there is a huge inventory of them on eBay for buyers to choose from at any price.
Edited by tdziemia
02/19/2021 09:40 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1082 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a listing on there quite regularly. Today as a matter of fact. A dateless Indian Head Nickel for $1,000.00 plus $4.80 shipping. I hope that's not you?
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
02/19/2021 8:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
what is the best way to sell a coin in ebay

Lower the price
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 581Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05