Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2001 D Lincoln Memorial Cent. Rim Cud?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 123Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
860 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  7:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm thinking this is a rim cud. Your opinions please.

Also I'm trying to figure out lighting for coin pictures. I think I'm ok with most coins but I have an ((aggravating problem)) with very red/shiny Lincoln coins. Do you have any suggestions about diffusers or anything that'll be helpful. I can't seem to get rid of the glare. With glare pictures just not in focus enough.
Thank you. Rob.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48693 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks more like a contact mark. What is your light source? Single light sources are better for micro photos. Diffusers are very cheap. Any where from a plastic grocery bag to a sheet or two of bond paper. It cuts the glare.
Full image coins:

In my studio. LOL

Scope:
Scope Images:

Also consider blocking out unwanted light sources:

Portable diffuser:
Wire hanger and a grocery bag with tape to make a curtain:

This will remove your glare issues.

CoopHome: Diffuse light sources.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I first looked at the first two pictures I don't see anything on the rim. The close up's seem to show something. My advice would be to get a small type box to throw it it in and look at it later. I have two of these boxes and as I learn this field of coin collecting my knowledge grows. This will happen for all of use.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48693 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use coin tubes for storage. They take a lot less space.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11360 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that it looks more like hits on the edge that pushed metal over.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great setup. Great tips.
Lol. You should see my studio. I use a box from post office for scope height. I like the Mighty Bright set up.
Can you/do you adjust light if necessary?
I see your coin is on a slight slant (towards light?)
How and what do you use to take pictures?
For the close ups I made a stand to hold phone at eyepiece of scope.
Sorry for all the questions. Lol there's actually more.

Coop. Thanks again for all your help.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 123Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05