Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nells250 Introduces Herself After A Decade!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 818Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  2:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just discovered that I apparently never formally introduced myself to the forum!

Over the years, I have collected, to varying degrees, stamps, ephemera, postcards, paper advertising, local history, New England railroad items, diecast model cars, plastic car model kits, N-scale model railroad items, local rocks/minerals, etc. All on a very small budget!

Oh, and I am female........ which REALLY makes me an oddball at hobby shows!

As far as this forum, I am a refugee from the sister (brother?) stamp forum (aka SCF). One day I clicked the linky over there and started browsing around. Looked at the paper money, stocks and checks threads mostly.

Years later, I started having coin questions and discovered that coins aren't all THAT bad...

I started digging up various coins around the house I had saved over the years and put them in one place. To my surprise, a couple were actually WORTH saving, though not worth much at all. Then I ordered my first US Silver Eagle, and folks here helped with questions regarding bullion vs. those snazzy proofs sold my the Mint.

So I am slowly learning this "non-paper" hobby... Of course, as usual, almost everything that interests me is top-dollar (sigh)... I stay away from the paper money section as much as possible so as not to get depressed... I am a sucker for a good engraving!

So far, the folks here are a bit more "relaxed" and willing to answer questions than some stamp people. Perhaps coiners are more social than stampers? BOTH are CERTAINLY nicer than people on automotive and model railroad forums. I swear a quarter of them just want to pick you apart and TRY to cause trouble.

All I want are nice, civil discussions on various topics, with some HUMOR thrown in for good measure!

Anyhoo, I have now officially introduced myself.

It only took 10 years...

Jonelle
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting introduction Jonelle. Nice to meet you - in a manner of speaking.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18443 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jonelle: belatedly, to the CCF!
Coincidently, Janelle happens to be the name of my daughter.
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sel_69l - all growing up, that is how people pronounced AND spelled my name... with an A! When I was old enough to start getting junk mail, it would come spelled that way, too. I had no self esteem to begin with, it didn't help any...

Oddly enough, Ma chose the name because she heard of an actress with it... Jonelle Allen. There were SO MANY Josephs on both sides of the family BUT she wanted to name me after her brother who died in Vietnam. His name was John... soooooo in a way I am a "Jo" and a "Jon" I guess.

;-)
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8515 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from England!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2570 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BOTH are CERTAINLY nicer than people on automotive and model railroad forums

Don't kid yourself, there are just as many not-so-nice here, but thankfully the admin staff here do a great job of shutting it down real quick.

I came to this forum to research a coin I found many years ago, and stuck around (and became a collector) 99% due to this community. Haven't looked back since.

Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18443 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also a member three car clubs. Seen infighting empire builders here as well- I always keep out of it.
One of the members - a tiny older Japanese lady owns a rather fast Porsche, and
"**Man, on the freeways, is she hard to catch!" (true!)

** Beach Boys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 55 sub forums here in the CCF, and so there is plenty of numismatic scope in which to discuss things.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4412 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...So glad to "see" women in the hobby...my g-friend says I spend too much time looking at the same coin..."a penny is a penny "she tells me. I tell her no that one was a 44s, this one is a 44D..ect...

from So. Cal......
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
99394 Posts
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My boyfriend is DARN lucky he found me...

;-)

I actually have at least SOME interest in his key and lock obsession! He tries to teach me how locks work, with their pins and keyways and cuts and stuff, and I try to teach him about useless stuff like... well... just about EVERYTHING!

And we are BOTH into cars which is also strange and unusual. Instead of yelling at him if he steps on the gas and teaches a lesson to some hot-shot on the highway, I know exactly what he will do before he does it. We are both frustrated racers. He at least, at one point in his yooot, drove on an actual race track!

I feel bad for all the husbands and boyfriends out there with ladies who just poo-poo their hobbies. It's better than them sitting with "the boys" at some bar all night...

And it sounds like I still have to keep my guard up when dealing with some members here? One thing I have learned in all my years on forums is DO NOT TYPE/POST WHEN MY TEMPER IS FLARING. Type... THEN delete........ type again...... delete....... fume.......

;-)
Edited by Nells250
02/22/2021 4:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17297 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7077 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice introduction
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK.... you're right... there are some here with NO sense of humor... finding that out!!
Learn More...
United States
99394 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta throw in a or a now and then so they can be certain.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2583 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10 years.

Braggart.

People expect jim-crackey delivery, too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice intro, good to meet ya... I try to keep it light . And avoid those
Edited by southsav
03/05/2021 12:34 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 818Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05