Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Half Cent Attribution Guide

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 248Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7863 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  08:57 am Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Author Ed Fuhrman and fellow EAC member has shared this information about his new book on U.S. Half Cents. It looks fantastic, with Bill Eckberg's Half Cent book there are now a couple of new additions to the early American numismatics that was lacking previously. Ed is a great guy with a lot of knowledge in this particular area of numismatics, I'm sure these new books will soon find a new home in many collector's libraries.

The Half Cent Handbook (Draped Busts Varieties 1800-1808) is the first in a series of four books I am writing on U.S. Half Cents.

The second book is about Classic Head and Braided Hair Varieties and will be released later in 2021. Book three is on the Liberty Cap Varieties. And finally the fourth book will be about Half Cent Mint Errors.

I've been collecting coins for 47 years and have been specializing in Half Cents for the past 25 years. It's been well over 20 years since a book comparable to this has been released. Many new things have been discovered in the past couple of decades. New die states have been discovered. New finest known examples have come to light. The book contains updated information on die varieties, die states, & rarity ratings. It is designed to be the most user-friendly attribution, grading, and cherry picking guide ever produced for Draped Bust Half Cents.

Beginners and advanced collectors alike will benefit from the information in this book. My goal with this series of books is to bring Half Cents into the mainstream. Early copper coins can be a challenge to learn. I find that collectors often feel intimidated by how complex these coins seem to be and tend to shy away from them. This book is designed to lift the veil of mystery that surrounds these coins and to make them fun and accessible to everyone. The book also contains stories about some of my better coin discoveries. The book is an easy and fun read even for the non-numismatist.

The book is 177 pages, hardcover, full color, smyth sewn binding, and top of the line in every way. I spared no expense in the production. They are available directly from me for $105 shipped. For ordering, I can be contacted at: Guitarman68@optonline.net

Or I can be contacted via Facebook with a simple search of my name.

"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
5229 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a full Classic Head date/variety set based on Manley's book.
I didn't get into die states but my 1811 C-1 is the 4-star die break die state, PCGS VF-35.
Don't know what the EAC grade is.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7863 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kanga, I really got into Half Cents after getting Manley's die state book, it's one of the best. Bill's latest book is also really good, but it really was Greg Heim's mini quickfinder that helped me the most on the few little sister coins I had already. Bill's latest book and Ed's new ones should really fill in all the gaps since Cohen and Breen books came out so long ago. All Half Cent aficionados should also get a copy of Goldberg Auction of the Missouri Cabinet Sale, which not only broke all kinds of price records, it was the only complete Half Cent collection to be formed and had most of the finest known coins in the collection. The photography and catalog are spectacular. I'm still looking for a hardbound copy myself.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 248Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05