Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 Lincoln Penny.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 263Next Topic  

United States
35 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  1:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Trav6581 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm just trying to learn how to grade a little. New to collecting.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
39502 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a small date? MS62? It has a finger print on it though. Here is a site to learn grading https://www.PCGS.com/photograde
Please crop pics properly before posting...thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58339 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please try to show the true color on your coins as a start.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4391 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a small date D. Photos show a bit of glare. Seeing some light digs and hits; hint of wear on the bowtie, jaw, cheek, and hair. And the fingerprint. I'd go AU58++, possibly MS60. Would make a nice hole filler.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, to many finger prints polish line is a give take if are die polish lines id say AU55 by pics. nicks on reverse and nice shatter by the shouder, but only opinion I'm not professional grader
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17019 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The angled pictures are difficult to grade from. They are fine to supplement perpendicular pictures but that's about all.

Small date, ~63RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Trav6581 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the input. Sound like most grade it around the same. I'm only working with my phone and bad lighting so I'm working on upgrading my stuff.
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Seems 60D, but wondering about RD from the photos, but probably is. Too bad about the fingerprints. Not sure how much deduction that brings. The color in the photos raises the question for me if it would be RB in the eyes of a TPG. Not sure.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 263Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05