Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 Quarter. MD Or DDD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 282Next Topic  
Valued Member

Trinidad And Tobago
390 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  2:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2017 Quarter. MD or DDD?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38462 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like MD to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
390 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. Looks like MD to me also.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
479 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with both of them
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Location. If it were a doubled die, the doubled die would be on the central areas. (either side on the State series and the ATB Quarters:

Any other location it is 99.5% Machine Doubling or coin damage. Same on Nickels and Dimes as well. Reverses on the same area:

Nickels:

Dimes:

Obverses on dimes after 1972 are very sparse to hardly none found. I pass these up. I save my eyes for better finds.

CoopHome : Target Areas for doubled dies on the single squeeze dies.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
03/01/2021 12:13 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking back at the dime obverse, you will note that nothing is raised on the X center location. So dimes wii pretty much be out of the loop for DDOs. Nothing for the kiss of the hub to double on these. Just a glance to see if anything extreme happened on that are, then on to check the reverse. Nothing to see there on the obverse.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
390 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information. I am re reading to fully internalize it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take a screen shot and have the whole information saved for personal use going forward.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
390 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I don't understand.
The 2000 onwards pennies have doubling of the numbers that are not in the center of the coin.
Are they not single squeeze ?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49990 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are also single squeeze. Most of the DDO and the DDRs and on the TY on Liberty and the 2 on the date, but not all of them Maybe because the design is flatter on the reverse that makes them have more doubling. So Cents you have to examine them closer, but start on the centers first. The outside devices are not as often showing the doubling out there as often. Like on the dimes, there are only two DDO's listed by Wexler on the single squeeze dies.

The first one I've seen posted on here sometime. But that is pretty much it for the dime obverses except on other year after 1972/3.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shaney777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ultra modern dimes tend to have hub doubling in between the fluting. I've found many of them. Thanks for all your work, coop!

Edit: I should say within the flutes/fluting, not in between. (Hub doubling can be found in the lowest relief parts of the torch.)
Facebook COIN OPP mod
Facebook COIN COLLECTING FOR BEGINNERS mod
Facebook Fans Of Lincoln Wheat Cents 1909-1958 (Beginners Welcome!) admin
Facebook Shield Cent Varieties & Errors mod
Facebook Variety's and Error's plus Tonners &Unique WOODY'S admin

TOCC #FM021
Edited by shaney777
03/21/2021 2:45 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 282Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05